Tent waterproofing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tent waterproofing.

I washed and waterproofed my large 3 room tent with the recommended Nikwax products last week. I let it dry, loosely stored it in the shed and set it back up today to air out more before packing it away for the winter. I'm in Minnesota and don't tent camp in the winter. The Nikwax has left a very pungent smell which Nikwax customer service says will go away if the tent is aired in the sun long enough. Has anyone had experience with this product. I read many reviews before using the product and none mentioned a problem with the smell. Thanks for your help.

Re: Tent waterproofing.

Maybe everyone consider that the smell in "on package". Like the customer care service told you the smell will go away for sure.

Comment

I used the Coleman sponge type seam sealer last month and have been very pleased. No smell, and no leaks.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/COLEMAN-SEAM-SEALER/13848651
      - Laura
      Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

I think the Nikwax smell will go away in fairly short order. I've washed clothes and sleeping bags in the stuff and never noticed it after a while.

Comment

Just do what the manufacturer recommends; Put the tarp outside for awhile and let it air out. Probably, you have done this already since first posting this thread and I am willing to bet the problem is solved already.

Comment

Working...
          X