Kodiak Tent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kodiak Tent

Rewet the tent down last night to check for leaks. Thankfully, everywhere we hit with the waterproofing (we used Kodiak's instructions to basically soak the ever living daylights out of the areas that we remembered.) We ended up soaking all the seams and I did two small panels that were leaking.

We found two more spots last night that are leaking that we did NOT hit with the waterproofing. The large one is on the front of the tent where the awning is. We never knew that one existed since the few times it has rained the awning has been up. So we will hit that. The second one is at the seams of the zippers in two small areas. I did not really go over this spot either since I don't remember this leaking.

The good news is, the rest of the tent is waterproof. We paid a ton of attention to the floor seams since these were leaking water in pretty bad. No longer leaking. We also paid attention to the roof seams. Also no longer leaking. We soaked it with the hose last night paying attention to the spots we remember and those spots seem good to go.

So in all its been 4 cans of waterproofing. The oddest thing is is that the places it is leaking through discolor right when the water hits them so its like the factory missed it all together.

I'm just happy that the waterproofing is holding that we've sprayed on. I really do love this tent and if it did actually come down to it, I would send it back to them for replacement. I love it that much :D

Oh and as far as customer service, so far has been top notch. They sent me out a check in less than a week for the reimbursement on the water proofing once I sent them the receipt.

Comment

Re: Kodiak Tent

Sweet! One less thing to do before your next trip out.
      “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
      – E. B. White

Comment

Working...
      X