Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Camping

Hi Folks,

I have done a bit of camping in previous years, however as a newbie I would like some advice.

We (myself and fiancé) live in Australia and are planning trips to Tasmania and New Zealand camping over the next 12 months. We would also like to do some smaller trips locally to where we live.

To get the most enjoyment out of camping, we are keen to get a decent tent and sleep mats. We have looked at the MSR Hubba Hubba and the Venus II.

We also looked at the mid-range tents from Black Wolf.

Do you have any recommendations of products / manufacturers?

Cheers

Ceej18

Re: New to Camping

One suggestion I would have would be to atleast look into using a camping hammock instead of a tent. There are quit a few benefits that come along with using a hammock such as being off of the ground which can make it quite a bit easier to stay dry and also there is no need to bring sleeping pads. Many people also find using a hammock more relaxing and quite a bit more comfortable. Along with the good things though, there are some negatives to using a hammock such as you will always need trees to use one and some areas do not allow them. In the end I think it comes down to personal preference, hence why I just say to look into. A quick site with a few reliable brands is www.backpackhammocks.com. Anyway just an idea to throw out to you. Good luck!

Comment

Re: New to Camping

What's the weather like? Any special concerns of poisonous pests?

Comment

Working...
      X