Tree Sap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tree Sap

Does anyone bother with trying to remove tree sap from their rain fly? I'm guessing it's tough to remove and you may cause more damage than good trying to remove it. It appears that the sap we received this past weekend has penetrated all the way through. So I'm thinking of just letting it add to the patina. Should be waterproof as well.

Re: Tree Sap

IMO impossible to remove sap from a rain fly without damaging the tent. Sprinkle some talc powder on the sap so it doesnt stick to the tent when you roll it up.

Tents without patina belong to folks that dont camp enough

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
      IMO impossible to remove sap from a rain fly without damaging the tent. Sprinkle some talc powder on the sap so it doesnt stick to the tent when you roll it up.

Well said....and good idea with the talc. dirt should help as well in a pinch.
      “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
      – E. B. White

Comment

Or borrow a bit of wax paper from the kitchen!
        Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

One could just spread a big ole tarp over the campsite to keep the sap off of everything....lol. Gonna run and hide now...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
            I think that's supposed to be:

Tents without patina belong to saps. :D
            “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Ok, patina it is.

Comment

Working...
              X