RE: Recommend best tent setup for woman to set up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE: Recommend best tent setup for woman to set up

I've done tent set ups before, but this one I will be doing solo. Any recommendations as to best? Thx.

Re: Recommend best tent setup for woman to set up

Best what? You need to provide us more information. Are you tenting in the desert, Alaska, rainy Northeast, etc? Also, is this a one-person tent, two-person, 8-person? Are you tenting in state campgrounds, backpacking into secluded regions, canoe camping?

Once we know more about your situation, we can advise.
    Moss Big Dipper
    Alaskan Guide 8
    Alaskan Guide 6
    NorthFace Tadpole 23
    ALPS Exteme 3
    Six Moon Designs Lunar Two

Comment

What the above stated. The more info you give, the better help we can give you.
      Nights camped in 2019: 24
      Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

“I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
        – E. B. White

Comment

Whoops! Sorry I did not mention details. One (female) person tent set up, in Florida, for max 3 people (partner has heart condition and can't lift or stress too much, third person would be a child). Will probably choose campgrounds in Ft. Desoto Park (on the Gulf) as a start. Then perhaps Ocala forest (heard that is spectacular). I've researched and read other posts about the dome tent structures and that seems to be most stable and secure as well as being "easiest" to maneuver. Welcome all recommendations!

Comment

How old is the child? I have a tent that I couldn't set up by myself, but I've taught my kids how they can help without having to be "strong" and lift a lot. They'll hold down the corner/end of the tent pole and support it while I do the heavy lifting. I think I started teaching my daughter when she was 9 and my son, 8 this year, was able to help earlier in the summer.

Comment

I have not used them but the instant tents seem to be a breeze to set up
              “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
              – E. B. White

Comment

It doesn't get much easier than the single pole tipi shaped tents. Just stake it out, put your shoulder to the pole and raise the roof using your leg muscles. On other styles I would be wary of designs that require fitting flexible parts together under tension. Those require arm strength women are less likely to exert without straining.

Comment

We have a 6 person coleman that I can set up by myself in 15 minutes with no problems. It is not a heavy tent and the hardest part is the rain fly. We just purchased a LLBean King Pine tent. My husband just had knee surgery so I set it up by myself in the backyard to check it out. It took me 30 minutes. I use a clip to hold one end of the tent as I slide it over.

If your child is old enough to help you should no problems at all. I thin a dome tent would be a good choice.

I don't have a lot of upper body strength, I just look it over and do what makes sense to me. It is my opinion men always think of strength to do things and as women we have to go about things in a different way to accomplish the same task.

Good luck and hav a great time in the outdoors.

Comment

Working...
                  X