Tent Heights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tent Heights

Pardon me, but we don't "rag on" inexpensive tents like the Sunrise or Tetragon (we have one of them too), just bad experience out here when high winds, driving rain, or rocky tentpads are encountered...the extra money we pay (bought 3 new with-tags high-end tents off ebay for 60% off MSRP) isn't all that much more than a Kelty, Coleman, or Eureka model...Perhaps it could be said that we play too hard.
    AFA tent heights, a 4-man gives some room for vertical changing, and with a 6-man you can pretty much stand up inside, and still have wind and rain integrity -providing you have a full-coverage fly, coded corners, bathtub floor, etc.
    “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
    ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Originally posted by tplife View Post
      Pardon me, but we don't "rag on" inexpensive tents like the Sunrise or Tetragon (we have one of them too), just bad experience out here when high winds, driving rain, or rocky tentpads are encountered...the extra money we pay (bought 3 new with-tags high-end tents off ebay for 60% off MSRP) isn't all that much more than a Kelty, Coleman, or Eureka model...Perhaps it could be said that we play too hard.
      AFA tent heights, a 4-man gives some room for vertical changing, and with a 6-man you can pretty much stand up inside, and still have wind and rain integrity -providing you have a full-coverage fly, coded corners, bathtub floor, etc.
      Well, if you would stop hanging your sex swing from your Sunrise and Tetragon they would work fine.
      “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
      – E. B. White

Comment

Oh. my.dear.lord!
        My monitor and KB are now a dripping mess.

Tea to be precise.

http://youtu.be/xxM6-Eji_2g
        Last edited by NYCgrrl; 07-31-2014, 12:09 PM.
        2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
        Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

hopefully a water (tea) proof one!

Comment

"Well, if you would stop hanging your sex swing from your Sunrise and Tetragon they would work fine."

Now it his stainless steel dancing pole was installed correctly, there may be enough support for the swing as well.

Comment

Originally posted by michelliot View Post
              "Well, if you would stop hanging your sex swing from your Sunrise and Tetragon they would work fine."

Now it his stainless steel dancing pole was installed correctly, there may be enough support for the swing as well.
              ...yer asking A LOT from any tent.......
              2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
              Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Originally posted by James. View Post
                Well, if you would stop hanging your sex swing from your Sunrise and Tetragon they would work fine.

I am just saying don't knock it til you tried it. There is a reason 50 shades of gray was a best seller and they are making into a movie.
                Nights camped in 2019: 24
                Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Originally posted by Malamute View Post
                  That was odd. I've had mail notices of posts, a couple in different threads by Sbroadwell, and they aren't here when I come look.
                  It took a looong time for my first few posts to get approved. I've been here, just now see that my post was accepted.

Comment

Funny you mention this, I got another email notice today of a post (different person) that was posted 3 days ago. It isn't so mysterious after figuring out new posters were moderated.

Comment

Learning a lot guys!

Comment

MacGyver, the hardest part for this gal on the Kodiak is putting up the second pole! For some reason my upper body strength is a bit lacking for getting it set into the pin but I do get it up. Maybe pounding in the stakes is easier for me since I'm closer to the ground anyway. I LOVE the headroom in my 10 X 10 Kodiak though. So roomy feeling and the different tie out points inside are great for hanging up my towel, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by BluegrassLady View Post
                          For some reason my upper body strength is a bit lacking for getting it set into the pin but I do get it up.
                          Try this: Take a straight piece of coat hanger, stick it in the ground right beside the pin, then tape the pin to the coat hanger so it stands straight up. Now, when you go to lift the last pole, you can stand straight up with your arms extended downward. That's more of a dead lift which puts the weight on the lower back instead of the upper torso.

And yeah - the tent is great inside. Mine came with the hanging organizers (which for some reason was a surprise). Super useful!

Comment

For what it is worth, I stake only the 4 corners of my Kodiak down, until I have the tent erected. Then I go back and add the rest of the stakes.
                            Nights camped in 2019: 24
                            Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Originally posted by BluegrassLady View Post
                              MacGyver, the hardest part for this gal on the Kodiak is putting up the second pole! For some reason my upper body strength is a bit lacking for getting it set into the pin but I do get it up. Maybe pounding in the stakes is easier for me since I'm closer to the ground anyway. I LOVE the headroom in my 10 X 10 Kodiak though. So roomy feeling and the different tie out points inside are great for hanging up my towel, etc.
                              I'm sorry....is it just me or does this whole post seem rife with double entendre?

I might just be a pervert
                              “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
                              – E. B. White

Comment

This much is good. The whole way down the tube, so it doesn't matter as much where the air mattress is.

Boyfriend is 5'8" so YMMV.
                                Camping photos: https://www.instagram.com/adventure_outside_thebox/
                                Nights under the stars:
                                2013: 8 2014: 6 2015: 12
                                2018: 4 2019: 17 2020: 15

Comment

Working...
                                X