Looking for a Tent/Shelter in one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a Tent/Shelter in one

I am afraid to ask, but here goes.... I find that I am looking for a new tent.

A little bit about how I camp: from the back of a motorcycle. When I camp, it is just me. My wife's idea of camping is from a Best Western, and that opinion isn't changing... 28 years together has taught me when to push the envelope and this is not one she is going to give in on. :mdr: I also have a trailer that I tow behind my antique GoldWing, so I am not looking for a small back pack style tent. I currently have a Tetragon 9 and I find that it is enough for those cross country road trips where I am setting up and taking down daily but I am looking for a larger tent that I can use for those extended stays of two or more nights at any one campsite. I am going to be getting a cot and I also want to be able to have a folding chair inside the tent also so that gives you an idea of the amount of floor space I am looking at. (I am not worried about the R values of a cot (now you see why I was afraid to ask ), so please do not go down that path.)

I am also looking for a shelter that will provide shade from the sun and keep me out of the rain. Yes, I have a trailer, but the dual purpose is important as space in a small trailer is limited, so finding a tent and shelter in one is more desirable than taking a separate tent and a separate shelter. So there you have it.

So far the first thing that came up on my search is the Coleman 2 for 1 All Day Dome.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2 for 1 (1024x694).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	72732

The only problem I am having is finding any reviews on this tent/shelter. Does anyone have any first hand experience with this tent? If so, I'd like to hear about it.

Are there any other options out there that are similar to the Coleman and (like the Coleman) not going to cost me an arm/leg or my first born to get buy (and I don't care what I could buy on flea-bay).
Working...
X