Underage camping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underage camping?

So me and my 2 buddies were thinking about having an adventure and going camping! Money is not an issue, but since we are all going to be 17 around the time we want to go camping, we're not sure if this is legal. What are some parks that allow minors to camp by themselves?

Re: Underage camping?

I honestly don't know of ANY private or State Park campgrounds that don't require you to be 18 to make a reservation. I would suggest MAYBE dispersed camping, but be sure to check out the legality of those as some of them are in National parks and the age limit may still apply.
    Married to Longpants, Mom to Littlepants (9) and Tinypants (5). Love Camping in New England!

Comment

Find a campground that you like and call them and ask if they have rules about age. You will probably want to keep your conversation very professional sounding and do what you can to assure them that you and your buddies aren't planning on having a drunken party while you're there.
      “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Originally posted by toedtoes View Post
        Find a campground that you like and call them and ask if they have rules about age. You will probably want to keep your conversation very professional sounding and do what you can to assure them that you and your buddies aren't planning on having a drunken party while you're there.
        This is a very good idea. Also, don't just say, "me and my friends." Always say, "My 2 friends and I." That way they know it is only 3 of you and not 25.
        “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
        – E. B. White

Comment

National forest in an out of the way spot, sand bar on a river accessed by boat

Comment

Working...
          X