Does anyone have this tent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have this tent?

We have been searching for a new tent that is smaller than the 6 man coleman we currently have. No problems with the coleman, we just need less room when we don't take the dog.

We wanted a 4 person tent and hubby has to be able to stand in it. We wanted a full fly since we are planning a few long distance tents. After much research I ordered the King Pine 4 Person Dome Tent.
    http://http://www.llbean.com/llb/sho...ductId=1124609

It is a more than we wanted to spend but we think it will meet all of our needs. Does anyone have any experience with this tent?

Re: Does anyone have this tent?

I don't have your tent so I tried your link, but it doesn't seem to work. I went to the LL Bean site and found the four person tent at this link: http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/68613...ductId=1124609. It looks like a nice tent with a good center height of 6'3". I look forward to your review of the tent after you've had a chance to use it!

Comment

This is just an opinion from another camper: A LOT of money for a 61-sq. ft. tent, but the full coverage fly is a desireable feature. Consider instread a separate screen room that gives you more options for setup. A quality tent will have vestibules that will provide the same shielding and better rain/wind integrity. Door is dated D-design, and the poles look too small in their diameter, especially if they're fiberglas as they would appear. Examining the fly shows that there may be some rain pooling as the tent part needs an extra pole or two. Overweight at 23 lbs. for a 4-man tent, awfully heavy. This price point could deliver a lot more features, the lack of posted specs is a giveaway to its quality - but it is better than any of the junk sold by Coleman.
      “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
      ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

I have to agree the cost on this tent was more than I really wanted to spend. We have a separate screen room and a dining fly. We don't like taking a lot of extra stuff for short stays. Hubby doesn't mind camping but he wants to be able to stand in the tent. I didn't find a lot do 4 person tents we could stand in. I did a lot of research and after reading lots of reviews, weighing the pros and cons, this seems like a good tent for us. We are planing several trips across the country. We will be stopping about dinner time eating, relaxing and leaving after a quick breakfast in the morning. We will spend a couple of nights at our destination and heading back home. On these kind of trips taking a tent, a canopy, and a screen room seems like a lot of work us. Heck we don't like the extra on a regular weekend. We only use the canopy if we are expecting rain. We spent a week in Michigan where the Mosquitos were so bad we were swarmed every I'm we left the screen room. We are hoping if the Mosquitos are bad after dinner we can sit in this tent and have a relaxing beverage.

tPlife, I really respect your input, you have given us some things to look for when we get the tent. I want to set it up and give it a good spray with the hose before taking it camping and then hope it storms the first time taking it out to test it.

I know Coleman isn't liked well here, but the first weekend in our 6 person Coleman we had some pretty severe thunderstorms both nights. The second night the rangers were coming around checking on everyone because the storm was to bad. We sat in the tent and played cards, I have camped all my life and I was concerned because it was 1. a new tent, 2. Hubby's first time camping. We stayed dry all night. The next morning we found out several tents blew down and people left or slept in their cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Denni2 View Post
          I know Coleman isn't liked well here...
          I wouldn't say that at all. Would I take one on an expedition on K2? No. But for the average camper, going to a state park or the like, they're more than adequate.

Comment

Thanks MacGyver.

Comment

Check out the Eureka Sunrise 6. Technically, it is not a four man tent, but it does have an economy of space and you can stand straight up in it

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
                I wouldn't say that at all. Would I take one on an expedition on K2? No. But for the average camper, going to a state park or the like, they're more than adequate.
                Agreed. I have seen some Coleman designs with full rain fly coverage. Coleman tents are satisfactory for 99% of campers

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
                  Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  Agreed. I have seen some Coleman designs with full rain fly coverage. Coleman tents are satisfactory for 99% of campers
                  Count me in with this.
                  “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
                  – E. B. White

Comment

I think if you take a good look at Coleman, and know what to look for the average person will be fine. It's now wonder why very few people hang around on this site. Bashing some ones choices will not make them want to hang around. Now, if you actually could suggest how to help the person avoid a waterlogged bottom of the tent, that would be great. Sorry wrong thread.
                    Nights camped in 2019: 24
                    Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Working...
                    X