Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: best camp cooler

That cover is awesome!

I don't have a wife OR any sewing skills, so I just lay a Space Blanket over and around my cooler. Keeping it out of direct sun, of course, it seems to help a lot.

Comment

That cover is a great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by bluestar99 View Post
        My wife sewed me a cooler cover and it works great. The inside is bubble wrap with foil on it. Covered with denim. Looks like this...

Genius! I am assuming that the second photo is it sitting upside down and that it just slides over the top of the cooler.

Any problems with bugs getting under or into the cover? I f'ing hate spiders.
        “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
        – E. B. White

Comment

Yes, it is upside down in picture #2. It just slides over the cooler and makes a big difference in how long the ice lasts. Next time I need one I will ask for handle holes, so I can move the cooler with the cover on.

Never had any problem with bugs. Some people that don't sew just cut and fit the insulation and hold it all together with clear packing tape. One guy used an old sleeping bag. He cut it up and took it to a friend who sews to do the seams.

Comment

I don't know anything about them except what I read on their site, but this company makes cooler covers.
            http://www.popupgizmos.com/cooler%20cover%20page.htm

Comment

Wanted to share this:
              Lately I have been using frozen powerade bottles filled with salt water in my cooler. This morning as I was getting ready to go to the Cardinals game I layered the bottom of the cooler with less than frozen bottles. I put the food on top of that and finished it off with an unopened bag of ice I bought at the store. It spent the day outside in 100+ degree heat and when I got home the bag was half melted. The water dripped down to where the bottles were and refroze. I knew the bottles of salt water worked well but was surprised to find a block of refrozen ice water.
              “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
              – E. B. White

Comment

Working...
              X