New tent came in today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tent came in today

I took my wife camping for the first time late last fall at Black Mesa State Park on the OK/NM line. We stayed in my old Eureka 2 person A-frame tent. It was her first time camping and the tent was really kind of small considering we were car camping. I wanted to upgrade to a 6 person tent but I ended up getting a 4 person tent instead. I did a lot of research and ended up getting a Mountainsmith Genesee. They are only $142.24 at Amazon. A comparable quality 6 person tent would have cost over twice as much so I had to go for the 4 person tent. As soon as it got here, I had to set it up and check it out. It just has 2 aluminum shock corded poles. The tent body is held up with clips so you don't have to thread the poles through a sleeve in the dark. It has 2 doors so we can put the bed in the middle of them and each have a way out when nature calls in the middle of the night. While you can't stand up in it there is enough room to get dressed comfortably. I set the tent up the first time by myself in about 15 minutes. When my wife got home she seemed pretty impressed with it so that was a plus. We are planning a camping trip the end of April just west of Bartlesville, OK. I think we will be much more comfortable in the bigger tent. I am even thinking of getting a full size air mattress for the trip. Married life is making me weak, lol.

Re: New tent came in today

I took the tent on a test run Monday night. I just went to Lake Eucha About 20 minutes away. I went on the night of the lunar eclipse. It got down in the low 20's but when I finally went to bed that night ( 2 sleeping bags ),it was like staying in a nice hotel. While standing is out of the question, the tent is huge compared to my old 2 man A-frame. I can't wait to take my wife in just 2 more weeks!

Comment

Lucky youse to be able to sleep in the new tent already .Was the eclipse worthy?
      2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
      Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Congrats. Got any pics of the new tent?
        Nights camped in 2019: 24
        Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Working...
        X