How big is too big??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How big is too big??

Family of 5 and looking for a tent to hold us all with some space.

I was looking at the Kodiak 26X8 Grand Cabin...This one concerns me for the size...really worried about finding campsites to use it.

I was also looking at the 12X9 and the 14X10 by Kodiak. These worry me for they may not be big enough for the family...

Any help is great. Trying to convince my wife she likes camping so want her to enjoy herself. She will need an inflatable bed for sure.

Looking for space for bags, beds, and room to play some board games and such.

Re: How big is too big??

I'm bumping this up for you because I am interested too! We have used a Walmart family vacation lodge tent for the past 6 or so years and it has served us really well. It was $120, we camp May-Sept in the NE. I love the size (20x11) for our growing family (5 now....soon to be 6) We had little to no leaking, until this past year, when we had to move the tent while set up, I snagged it on a few branches and now there are a few small holes :( Now we need a new tent, and though we loved the Walmart tent....with the amount of camping we do, I would love something more hardy and something that will last...

Here are my concerns with the Kodiak Grand Cabin:

- does the size make it difficult to set up on campsites?
    - we camp for approximately 1 week at a time....would i be frustrated with the amount of set up this tent requires over a nylon tent?
    - anything else anyone can chime in about pros or cons for these kodiak tents?

Will keep searching the forums for answers, but I appreciate any help!

Comment

Working...
    X