Outwell Tents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outwell Tents

Talking about different tents - I came across this UK manufacturer. These tents are almost like houses. On their website each model has a video showing the different features. I like this one: http://www.outwell.com/en/Products/T...BearLake6.aspx

I wonder how they hold up to weather and time. Would be nice for a long-term encampment, I would think.
    2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Re: Outwell Tents

I did a quick run through Google to see how the reviews for Outwells looked and they seem to all rate very high. I also saw that they have one helluva big product line! Unfortunately for US people, getting one might be difficult. I punched my zip code into their dealer locator and both of the nearest dealers are in Sweden. I didn't bother checking to see if they even ship here.

When I was tent shopping, I came across quite a few sites from the UK, Australia and Europe that had tents that looked promising. Some had US dealers, most didn't. I forget which Australian site it was that I was talking to, but they said they could definitely ship one to me. I got stopped in my tracks when the cost to get it here was hundreds of dollars on top of the cost of the tent.

Here are just a few of the sites I'd checked out. Some nice products (Some with serious not nice prices!)
    Oztents - Australia (A US link but don't see and dealer info)
    Diamantina - Australia
    Robens - Germany
    Salewa - Germany
    Terra Nova - UK

And, just for the hell of it, have fun with this. A list of worldwide outdoor gear manufacturers
    Last edited by MacGyver; 02-16-2014, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Re: Outwell Tents

Originally posted by Irate Mormon View Post
      Talking about different tents - I came across this UK manufacturer. These tents are almost like houses. On their website each model has a video showing the different features. I like this one: http://www.outwell.com/en/Products/T...BearLake6.aspx

I wonder how they hold up to weather and time. Would be nice for a long-term encampment, I would think.
      That is one sweet tent.
      “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
      – E. B. White

Comment

Working...
      X