After the fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After the fun

Ok, been out for 2 weeks in the Eureka High Camp, finally got cold enough in Texas, just got back today. I went ahead and stayed on my property because I have a tank, woods etc. I got crap draped everywhere. Even though it didn't rain, the tent had dew on it, every morning. So I got back and the bottom of my tarp, the base of the operation, is wet on the bottom. I turned the tent inside out and hung it on the tractor, because it is tall. I hung the tarp on it as well. I draped the sleeping bag and both of the thermarest dreamtime xl pads all over the top of the wife's Polaris Ranger. In about 20 minutes and this outrageous wind, they were ready to put up. I sure got tired of going back out and chasing everything. Anybody have a better way to do this, and would have using the rain fly helped at all? I am thinking of building a clothes line. Any help?

Re: After the fun

Ha ha. Great post. I can really visualize the farmer style yard sale you must have had

For wet tents, I just set mine up and open the doors and windows to dry

Sleeping bags on the clothesline

Looking forward to your next descriptive thread

Comment

If it comes down to it and I can't get it dry any other way, I'm planning on rigging something up to hang my tent up then directing a torpedo heater towards the open door. Not close enough to risk burning it, of course, but close enough to aim a steady stream of warm air into it.

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
        If it comes down to it and I can't get it dry any other way, I'm planning on rigging something up to hang my tent up then directing a torpedo heater towards the open door. Not close enough to risk burning it, of course, but close enough to aim a steady stream of warm air into it.

Hilarious! That ought to work Your tent will probably look like one of those balloon creatures they put in front of car sales lots for advertizing

Comment

Texasfarmboy, a bit of condensation seems to be unavoidable in cold weather. How cold was it when you were camping? Were you using the rainfly as well or just the tent? How much did you vent?
          Browse and compare (nearly) all available camping tents - The Tent Finder

Comment

Just the tent, the roof vents and it was about 17 which was extremely unusual for us.

Comment

Working...
            X