Czamping costs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Czamping costs

I'm a New Zealander looking forward to spending seven weeks in your amazing country Sept/Oct (starting with the Reno Air Races).

I'm trying to set up a budget and I plan to camp on many of the nights.

Could someone please give me a typical cost for one senior in a tent per night.

(That subject line should, of course, be "Camping Costs")
    Last edited by davidmorris; 01-06-2014, 01:09 AM. Reason: Spelling errors

Re: Czamping costs

$15 in state parks, at least in Mississippi. I would rather camp in NZ!
    2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

Originally posted by Irate Mormon View Post
      $15 in state parks, at least in Mississippi. I would rather camp in NZ!
      As a matter of fact I am camping at Hahei Beach on the Coromandel Peninsular as I write this. Been a glorious sunny day so now we are sitting back with a wine or three and cooking pancakes.

Does that cause a surge of jealousy?

Comment

This is hard to tell you for the fact is prices are different all over from one camp ground to the next, from state to state and so on.

Comment

About $15.00 per night in state and federal campsites. I think the price goes up to abou $25 when you are in the NE around Maryland

Comment

Individual Daily Camping Permits. (See 2014 Fees Schedule). All single campsites are first come first served. No reservations required. Permits are purchased at the individual park and cost $14 to $30 (includes hook-up fees, $10.00, if available at that park).
            http://parks.nv.gov/parks/fees/

Comment

Prices on the west coast are going as high as $25 per night. At this price, one is better off finding a private camping resort with more amenities.

If you are a senior, a lot parks have a cheap flat rate of about $10. Do your home work ahead of time online.

When I camp and see foreign travelers, I often invite them to share my site. We will do this for anyone whether they are from out of the country or not. I have arrived at campgrounds myself late at night and other people have offered us to camp at their site for free.
              Visit me at Campward Bound for more camping information.
              sigpic

Comment

I say here in Pennsylvania sites in State and Federal camp grounds can be from $15 up past $65 a night. It all depends on if you want electrical, showers, use of swimming pool and if you are from out of state or in state. It all depends on what camp ground you go to.

Comment

Working...
                X