Quality camping / hunting knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Quality camping / hunting knife

Nickadameus, The pattern looks Damascus, it's gorgeous whether real or printed - Well Done!!! It's camping after all.
    “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
    ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Nickadameus, That knife is very cool, well done.
      I’m a self-made man, I started out with nothing and I still have most of it!

Comment

Thank you,
        and yes it is Damascus. I got the blade from Alabama Damascus on the net. I find there Damascus blades are one of the lowest on the net (if you buy from them). You can find there blades on different knife making supply web stores but they cost more buying through the supply web stores.

Comment

I purchased a knife for $7.00 from Amazon. Honed the edge and it's worked pretty well. Took it out deer hunting today in fact. It performed pretty well. That was the Survivor HK. I think it was Chinese made, but worked well during my hunting trip.
          I've also had great success with a Less than $15 swedish steel Morakniv knife. It's a little bigger, but holds an edge very well. I've been using in my camping and hiking adventures since it's much lighter then the Gerber BG-30 something that I had been lugging around.

Comment

Working...
          X