Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have a permanent/semi-permament campsite set up on their land?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have a permanent/semi-permament campsite set up on their land?

Been thinking of setting up permanent or semi-permanent campsite on my land, so I can get away without getting away...

Ideally Id like to just have a tent setup that I can leave up, maybe even with a woodstove in it so I can get some use out of it in the winter...

has anyone ever done something like this?

Re: Does anyone have a permanent/semi-permament campsite set up on their land?

I have a campsite in the backyard and have had one for 20 years. I used to have a landscaping company and encouraged people with acreage to do the same thing. It is the next step after a fire pit.

We are next to b1 million acres of BLM land, so the place is a natural. Over the years I have planted pine trees, cottonwoods and tree junipers for shade and a wind break while preserving the views. I leave up the steel wall tent frame but UV light is hard on canvas, so the tent stays up for a couple of weeks at a time. I built an outdoor "stove" of cinder blocks with a sheet metal top on it. We cook in dutch ovens and put a sheet metal stove in the wall tent(s). On October 26 we will celebrate Nevada"s 149 year in the Union with Basque and Mexican food, picon punches, and cowboy poetry and music around the campfire.

Comment

I bought a 24 foot camper trailer 1985 vintage. Heat with big buddy heater. Stays at hunting camp, never moves.
      Porch made of pallets.
      When I awoke, the Dire Wolf
      Six hundred pounds of sin
      Was grinning at my window
      All I said was, "Come on in".

Comment

Where I was raised, in the heart of the Pine Barrens, we had our own 40 acres of forested pinelands. About a five minute walk toward the dense swamp/forest, I cleared and leveled a nice campsite with a rocked fire pit, short oak cuts for seating, and a flat clean pad for the tent. Sometimes I'd go out there with my little brother and make him a campfire and we'd roast hot dogs together. I hated his guts, but we both loved camping thanks to all the tent and TT trips with mom and dad from Nova Scotia to The Florida Keys. There are still trees out there close by where he carved his initials, and only my dad knows where they are. My brother died in those pines while he was still a boy. I like to think of him and my dad together, not far away, fishing Seven Bridges for perch and those crazy blowfish, laughing and maybe doing some crabbing too, until the sun went down. Believe me brother, those were happy days. Don't wait to take your family along when you can, they'll pay you back handsomely someday, in treasure greater than silver or gold...

Last edited by tplife; 09-23-2013, 02:06 PM.
        “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
        ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

my girlfriend and i have a campsite set up permanently except we don't leave the tent up. we have wooden chairs, firepit and grill, hammock etc... you should go for it, like you said, "to get away without getting away."

Comment

Working...
          X