Tent Weatherizing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tent Weatherizing

We are very new to camping and can't wait to begin!
    We just bought the Coleman Instant Tent 8. We also got the rain fly. I've heard of sealing the seams with a product. I've also considered spraying the tent with a water-repellent. Should we do any of these or more to prevent water leaks. We do live in the south. Any thoughts?

Re: Tent Weatherizing

Most folk, especially those of us who have been wet before, will spend the additional time and funds to use something like Kiwi's Camp Dri or NikWax or some other sprayable water repellent and some sort of seam sealer on their tent at least once per season. Most suggest doing that even on a new tent, depending on the tent. I would suggest reading through the forum for ideas on making the tent more water repellent and their experiences with different tents.

BTW...welcome to the forum and to tent camping! You will find a lot of knowledgeable and friendly folks on this forum. As to tent camping, I sincerely hope you will find as much joy and relaxation (along with a few challenges) as we have!
    Last edited by immadman; 09-15-2013, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Thanks so much for the suggestions, I will
      definitely apply some protective products.
      Not to crazy about sharing my sleeping space with
      water!!!

Comment

Some people are big fans of weatherizing tents. I will have to try it some time.

Comment

Thanks also for the helpful tips. Glad to know I don't have to use the waterproof spray just yet. I will get the seams sealed and give the tent a little test!

Comment

Working...
          X