Cleaning leaf stains from roof of canvas tent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning leaf stains from roof of canvas tent

Any tips for removing leaf stains from the roof of a canvas tent without damaging the waterproofing?

Re: Cleaning leaf stains from roof of canvas tent

You might give Kodiak a call, or send them an email with a photo of the stains and see what they recommend. I’m curious if others have experienced the same thing.
    I’m a self-made man, I started out with nothing and I still have most of it!

Comment

I experienced the same thing. I tried some radical and potentially damaging stuff like oxyclean and a mild bleach solution. None worked, so you can skip those methods.

It is tannic acid stain and I don't think it will come out. I remember grandma using tea to dye fabric and it was permanent.

I would recommend not worrying about it and just enjoy the natural art of it

Comment

Leaf stains? Marks of a life well lived. The potential damage to the canvas and the thread is much greater than the potential benefit. I say leave the tent alone.

Canvas tents properly designed and pitched do not need waterproofing.

Comment

I haven't had a canvas tent in so many years that I forgot about those stains. I also think I'd learn to live with it vs. damaging the factory fabric waterproofing.
          “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
          ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Working...
          X