Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

another stove thread...camp chef this time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another stove thread...camp chef this time...

So, back in the mid 90s I picked up a stove similar to the camp chef explorer two burner cooker shown here.

http://www.backcountry.com/camp-chef...MP_SKU=CCF0008

This past summer the gas fittings that attach to the stove had pretty much had it and needed to be replaced. basically two pieces of metal that are belled on each end.

Long story short, the various home fixes (which involved the help of professional pipe cutters) I've tried have not worked...flames always end up shooting out of the fittings.

Replacement part is basically $50.00 shipped! Found the above stuff in cabelas bargain cave for $80.00.

I just went ahead and bought the new stove...seemed like a no brainer to me when the parts to fix an older one are more than half the cost of a new stove.

Re: another stove thread...camp chef this time...

I've spent more $$$ trying to fix something and I'm never happy with it! I bought a diamond plate tool box for the bed of my truck on Craigslist. The struts that hold it open had to be replaced, the lock had to be replaced, the whole box had to be polished. Should have bought a new one!

I wear stuff out all the time, especially stuff that gets loaded in my truck and tossed around set up, broke down and beaten up again the next weekend. I actually just replaced the hinges on my Coleman Xtreme cooler, it's a great cooler but is 8+ years old. I spent 7 bucks on a cooler that probably cost $70. Hopefully it holds up, this cooler has been to alot of camp outs, parties and vacations. I've definetly gotten my moneys worth, but I still can squeak out a few seasons. I think I'm just rough on equipment. :cool:
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X