Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kodiak Tent Campsite Setup

Good afternoon,

Can anyone post some picture of their tent setup inside and/or outside? Do you string a tarp over the tent if possible? If so, how do you get the lines high enough on the trees?

As you can tell from my questions I am new to tent camping and looking to get into it with the family.

Re: Kodiak Tent Campsite Setup

I don't tarp my kodiak. If you wanted to, you would have to use trees or make some poles for the tarp. I use a tarp for shade, not toover the tent.
    Nights camped in 2019: 24
    Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

No tarp over my Kodiak...

This was my campsite on the last day of a motorcycle rally/camp. First three days, almost continuous rain, last two days, sunny and warm. Wife and I were warm, dry, and comfortable in our Kodiak.
      Phil
      Group: Canvas
      Kodiak 6010 Flex-Bow canvas
      Springbar Outfitter 3 canvas

Comment

Here is a photo of my Kodiak tent; I have a queen size airbed in this photo. I recently changed to a Kamp-Rite Qwik Cot queen size bed,with Thermarest dreamtime pads. No more airbeds taking a dump on me in the middle of the night. We have two 25 degree bags zipped together that go on top of the Thermarest pads. It makes for a nice and cozy sleeping area.

Last edited by Old Time Camper; 08-15-2013, 07:54 AM. Reason: words run together
        I’m a self-made man, I started out with nothing and I still have most of it!

Comment

Very jealous of your setups Phil_R & Old Time Camper! :cool:
          sigpic

Comment

Great pictures! Thanks

Comment

Wow, that's a great looking campsite! We're heading out soon with our new Kodiak for a full week, very excited to give it a try and will post some pictures after the trip.

Comment

Working...
              X