Best tent fan or tent fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best tent fan or tent fans

Do any of you use tent fans during the summer?

I am wondering which one or ones deliver the most air movement during the hotter months of July and August?

I just bought the coleman cool zephr ceiling fan today for $20.00

I m thinking about their window fan that mounts with magnets, anyone have one of these and care to weigh in.

I car camp so as long as I can fit it in the truck we can take it.

Best tent fan

Originally posted by rxcamping View Post
    Do any of you use tent fans during the summer?

I am wondering which one or ones deliver the most air movement during the hotter months of July and August?

I just bought the coleman cool zephr ceiling fan today for $20.00

I m thinking about their window fan that mounts with magnets, anyone have one of these and care to weigh in.

I car camp so as long as I can fit it in the truck we can take it.
    Well howdy, others may and probably will say different. We too purchased a Coleman Cool Zephr, and we had no use for it. Too small! When it's hot here(the desert southwest) we camp above 7000 feet. We have never found a portable fan worth the trouble of hauling it around. We are tent campers and during those summer months we will drive a thousand miles to escape the heat, unless we decide to tent camp here anyway. Then we embrace the heat, go figure! Sometimes we will embrace heat but never humidity, yuck!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

I'm with desertfox. I haven't found any that work all that great. Most of the ones I have used only work if you hold it directly in front of your face and even then you're still miserable. The best recomendation I can give for hot weather camping is to bring along just a canopy for shade. No walls just a roof like this, or a screened in one like this if bugs are a problem. The shade and, if your lucky, a nice breeze make things very comfortable.

I do alot of camping here in Florida, and humidity is just a way of life here (in the summer months). Trying to stay in your tent during the day is horrible, and even at night if there is no breeze, you're in for a rough night.

Comment

I have used 2 Ozark Trail (made by O 2 cool)purchased at Wal-Mart for about 12 bucks each. Run on "D" cell batteries or a 12 volt adapter. They help a good bit. I bought a deep cycle battery so I coul use them without worrying about changing batteries.It will run the fans at least 5 nights with no trouble.

Comment

Thanks guys

Frank what is a deep cycle battery??

Comment

Best tent fan or tent fans

Howdy RX,
            Check out this web site for info on "deep cycle batteries" it will take a little reading but that is what we learned in school, I thonk, haha!

http://www.windsun.com/batteries/faqs
            Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
            Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Working...
            X