Tent Stakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tent Stakes

Looking for new tent stakes. Witch are better ABS Stakes or Steel ones?. I live around kind of a lot of sand and dirt mix.
    Thanks David

Re: Tent Stakes

Go to any hardware store and get you some 10-12 in galvanized nails/spike. They run about 70 cents each.

Comment

Lots of sand I'd imagine from his initial post which means that looking at blade type stakes and even bringing weighted objects to bury would be of great assistance. At a recent outdoors trade show someone was selling a blade type tent anchor/stake that looked like it would work very well. I'll root around for their contact information and share it if allowed but I see that a stake manufacturer is already here on the site and they may be able to chime in with suggestions as well.

Best wishes,
      WanderinWhitlows
      Best wishes,
      The Wanderin' Whitlows

Comment

Blade type stakes do work well in sand, but most of them are made of aluminum which is really soft and bends if you hit a rock.

Our suggestion would be our 18" (or 24" if you are really concerned) Forged Head stakes.
        These... http://www.monkindustries.com/index....33ukq29on4f8o3

Sometimes folks don't think of using these in sand, but we have several beach tent rental companies that buy these from us all the time.

Also, we have shipped over a million of these to Iraq and Afghanistan in support of our troops.
        www.monkindustries.com

Comment

Working...
        X