Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have any information about Morsan canvas tents?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have any information about Morsan canvas tents?

I acquired a storage unit several years ago from some family friends, literally filled with camping equipment. I have been able to make use of a great deal of it, however I never really investigated the gigantic body bag sized bundle I just referred to as "Jimmy Hoffa". After finally unrolling this thing, I discovered it was a two room Morsan canvas tent. After a bit of research, I found that some people have a real affinity for these things, and they were described as some of the best tents ever made. Setting it up proved to be a bit challenging, but its still in great shape. What a classic... If anyone could tell me if there really is any value to this thing, or if there may be information regarding it, I would greatly appreciate it..

Re: Anyone have any information about Morsan canvas tents?

I'm interested in the tent. What size is it?

Comment

Would love info too. Can't find info anywhere. Can't figure out why it has bungee like things near the top. Or how to set up. Can't find an image anywhere on what it might look like set up. It also has 2 shorter fatter poles that say for low end and high end. With multiple holes in them. Any info where to find pics or how to find what one of the 300 styles they made would be helpful.

Comment

https://outdoors.campmor.com/old-morsan-tent-interview/

Comment

You've uncovered a vintage Morsan canvas tent in your storage unit, known for their quality. While I can't give an exact value, these tents are appreciated by collectors and outdoor enthusiasts. Check online marketplaces and camping forums for pricing references, and consider reaching out to local experts or historical societies for more information. It's a valuable find for those who appreciate classic outdoor gear.

Comment

Working...
          X