New Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Here

Hi all , I am new here , and to camping. I need a tent for me and my 3 boys. I am looking at the Coleman Cimmaron 14x8 at Walmart for 120.00. Is this a good tent for us to start with? Any info would be great. I look foward to asking lots of ? Thanks David

Re: New Here

Hello david and welcome.

I've never used this tent, WM's site doesn't list any fabric specs so nothing to evaluate in that manner but the price is certainly great for the size!
    Have you been able to see the tent set up in a store?
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

I have not seen the tent set up only on the web. Just going by the Coleman name. I Was concered when I can not fing it on the Coleman web site. Thanks David

Comment

Thanks for the info. I just wanted to get something to get me started with out spending a lot of money right away. I just seen the Coleman name and guessed it was a good Tent. Thanks for the help David

Comment

Welcome. Like everyone else, I couldn't find no reviews online. When I returned to camping I started out with a Coleman Red Canyon tent which is very similar to the one you posted. The were a couple of problems, that I didn't care for. The bag it came in seemed to small for it to fit back into. You could very easily remedy this by living with it (which I did) or replacing it with a cheap gym/duffel bag. The main complaint was that during high winds, it would flatten out. Two trips in high winds with the sides pushing down on me were enough to replace it. I had it for several fair weather trips and it was fine. But in the winds, it sucked. I don't think I would mind taking it again on a fair weather trip, but if there was going to be much more than a slight breeze I would pass.
          Since you are wanting to return to camping, I would certainly start out with a Coleman tent and it may be the cats meow for you. You could find that camping isn't your cup of tea and you won't be out a bunch of money, or you could find that you love camping and you want to upgrade at a later date. There will be plenty of other expenses such as sleeping bags etc, so this line is a fine starter.
          The only thing I would suggest is checking out this amazon link for other Coleman tents. If you don't need it this weekend and you can wait I week, I would go with one of the higher rated and more reviewed ones. Also check out the Coleman instant tent "sticky" thread. A lot of people enjoy them.
          As far as the size, don't go much bigger than 17x10. I fit in the tent pads, but I was on the outer edge of the pad. If you plan on camping in certain areas, call them and ask them what size the tent pads are.
          Let us know if you need more help
          http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&keyw...c%2014%20x%208
          Nights camped in 2019: 24
          Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Thanks for all the great info, look foward asking lots of Questions. Thankd David

Comment

I have 5 Coleman tents. Live in the south and have had good luck with all of them. Make sure you seal seams well. Several are 5- 7 years old and still holding up well. They may not be the best but with proper care will work well for most campers and much cheaper than the more expensive tents. Many here will put them down. Just my experiences.

Comment

Working...
              X