Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Second Hand shopping for Camping Gear - I Have 13 tents! Obsessed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Second Hand shopping for Camping Gear - I Have 13 tents! Obsessed!

Wow, that is a lot of tents....but, if I may play devils advocate here, have you ever considered that what you are really doing is making it harder for someone else to go camping? Those tents could have gone to someone that can't afford a new tent and needs one of those as their one and only tent. You could, in fact, be preventing someone from enjoying the great outdoors with their family.

Unless you use them all. Then of course I am a big stupid head. :p
    “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
    – E. B. White

Comment

Originally posted by NY-tent_guy View Post
      Maybe if they had a "used" dept...
      Eureka does sell used tents. I don't know if it's in the same place, but they sell used tents and other equipment online. Here's the link

Comment

James, Wisconsin is chocked full of old tents on Craigslist, and if someone really wants one they are out there for a song. I recently donated one of my tents to a homeless org. The vintage tents I buy don't cost over $50, and some I have snagged for nothing. It's my alternative hobby to a much less wholesome "breaking bad" scenario, if you take my meaning. And I have a large extended family that depends on me to set-up our tent camping expeditions! I suppose I could collect handguns....right?

Comment

Here's another link that SHOULD work:

http://s863.photobucket.com/user/sco...?sort=3&page=1

Comment

Originally posted by greensngravy View Post
            James, Wisconsin is chocked full of old tents on Craigslist, and if someone really wants one they are out there for a song. I recently donated one of my tents to a homeless org. The vintage tents I buy don't cost over $50, and some I have snagged for nothing. It's my alternative hobby to a much less wholesome "breaking bad" scenario, if you take my meaning. And I have a large extended family that depends on me to set-up our tent camping expeditions! I suppose I could collect handguns....right?
            I was just joking around...besides, everyone has to have a hobby. Tents is a unique one. Besides, that tee-pee of yours looks really cool.
            “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
            – E. B. White

Comment

Working...
            X