Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado This Summer

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the site, this is my first post. My name is Robert, Rob, and I am planning to fly fish my way north starting in New Mexico and ending in Steamboat Colorado this August & September. I plan on being at the base of Navajo Dam around the beginning of August 2013 and start fishing. I will be camping out of my SUV with my dog Buster and I am searching for a good source of information on disbersed camping areas in Colorado. Is there a source for this kind of info or will I just have to wing it?

Thanks,
    Rob
    Last edited by kiribas; 06-18-2013, 02:13 PM.

Re: Colorado This Summer

Rob, you will need to contact the local Forest Service and BLM offices. You can get a MVUM (motor vehicle use map) from them (or you can review it on line) and it will have all the areas where dispersed camping is allowed. You will want a copy with you, so call the Forest Service office and tell them your plan and ask if they could mail you a mvum. They are generally nice people and will help you out.
    I think it is the Routt National Forest your speak of.
    Here is a link to the Routt National Forest home page, for starters
    http://www.fs.usda.gov/mbr
    Check out the online MVUM here. Select the area you will be in and have a look aroung
    http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/mbr/ma...FSWDEV3_008634

Let us know if you need more info or help
    Nights camped in 2019: 24
    Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Thank you, this is very helpful information.

Comment

Thanks I will. I don't plan on hitting the road until August so I have lots of time to seek out the MVUM maps I will need for the areas I might be visiting.

Comment

Use them with a national geographic trails map and you will be set. Take some time and compare those two side by side and I bet you will find some cool spots.
          Nights camped in 2019: 24
          Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Working...
          X