Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Tent Should I Buy? What Does Everyone Think? Any Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Tent Should I Buy? What Does Everyone Think? Any Suggestions?

Wild Country Coshee 2 (Seems well rated, and made by Terra Nova)
    Vango Spectre 200 (All Vangos seem to be highly rated)
    Coleman Libra Connect X1/X2 (Looks good, easy to pitch and has some pretty good review)
    Vango Banshee 200 (All Vangos seem to be highly rated)

I am looking at this sort of price range for my first tent, it will mainly only be me sleeping in it. I'm about 6ft 2inch so I need a tent long enough to comfortably sleep in (not too bothered about head room)

Out of the 4 named above which would you recommend, has anyone has any experience with any of these tents? What do you think? Or do you have any other recommendations?

Thanks Alot
    Tom

Re: Which Tent Should I Buy? What Does Everyone Think? Any Suggestions?

You're choices are outside of the usual : NorthFace, Mountain HardWare, Big Agnes, Sierra Designs, REI, EMS, and Marmot. Don't overlook an EbayUK/Amazon/Resellerratings.com search to be sure a similar size tent isn't available at a much (60% off MSRP new-in-the-box) lower cost. We've bought three at that price point and are glad we did our "research" and were patient through the auctions, one being the size you're looking at, the Sierra Designs Electron as a motorcycle tent: The larger the production numbers, the greater the chance for big discounts. Your brands seem to be UK related, sorry I don't have experience as an overseas buyer -although I've bought products throuth EbayUK before.
    “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
    ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I will be sure to have a look on Ebay, but what's your opinion on the tents have selected? The reason for picking UK brands is that I live in the UK and there much easier and cheaper to get hold of.

Comment

Make sure what ever tent you get has a full rain fly that goes to the ground
        Proud owner of the Kodiak canvas 10 x 14 deluxe flex bow tent..

Comment

I checked them out on you tube and if I was dead set on buying one of these as you seem to be I would need to spent more time comparing them. Things that I would look at besides reviews by others are----Rain fly that reaches all the way to the ground,weight of tent, roominess, ventilation, and guarantees by the manufacturer. From what I saw in my short research all of them look like decent choices. The easiest way for you to decide would be if you could see them each set up and even better if you could set them up yourself. No matter which one you end up with I wish you all the best in your choice and in your travels.

Comment

A lot depends on how you are planning on camping.... if you are hiking out, look for light weight; if you are car camping with family, look for plenty of room, among other criteria. Like Hogsnapper said, check them out at a store that has them set up and see how they fit with you. Don't know about UK, but here there are some stores that will rent a tent and you can try them out.

WT
            "It's better to have that and not need it than it is to need it and not have it" - Captain Woodrow F. Call

Nights spent out in 2014: 1

Comment

Which Tent Should I Buy?

Wild Country Coshee 2 or Coleman Libra X2, I'm looking for a cheap lightish tent for general use about 5 times a year. I don't want to spend more then £100 these two tents seem to be what I'm after, any suggestions or info about personal experiences with these tents?

Comment

Working...
              X