Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First camping trip in Kodiak

Originally posted by tplife View Post
    Nice looking tent...If you're actually hauling that 56-pound anvil in a Honda Fit, you might look into Firestone RideRite airbags. They let you adjust the ride height and take advantage of your load capacity and enhance stability. We bought a pair for under a hundred bucks and are stoked with them when loading up for camping trips.

Thanks for that info, didnt know they made the airbags.. Actually im not hauling more then 125 lbs with coolers and gear. Also i only have the passenger seat left for my girl friend. Will check into that and its too bad i cant haul a small camper but its not even rated for a 1000 lbs. But But Drawtite makes a hitch for it.. Go figure..
    Proud owner of the Kodiak canvas 10 x 14 deluxe flex bow tent..

Comment

swebob, did you "shrink" your tent? Set it up and hose it off with water. It shrinks it and seals it.
      Nights camped in 2019: 24
      Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Originally posted by renodesertfox View Post
        However, when we go dune or snow camping and I pack sixteen 2' rebar tent stakes from Monk Industries the tent pegs along weigh in at nearly 40 lbs. But it's jeep camping so there's no worry about weight. If for some reason we gotta walk-in to a site then I'll take the deer cart. Haven't used it in hunting now for over three years but it comes in handy every once in awhile! A couple of times when I wasn't walking at all my wife would pull/push me to a camp site in the deer cart (haha)! It's not a fun experience but will work for transporting heavy items to and fro!
        Don't want to hi-jack the thread but RENO can you post a picture of your deer cart? We got one specifically to haul camping gear around
        but need to do some mods to it to make it work...

Comment

I would like to see the deer cart also ..

Comment

Originally posted by swebob View Post
            Thanks for that info, didnt know they made the airbags.. Actually im not hauling more then 125 lbs with coolers and gear. Also i only have the passenger seat left for my girl friend. Will check into that and its too bad i cant haul a small camper but its not even rated for a 1000 lbs. But But Drawtite makes a hitch for it.. Go figure..
            Torklift sells a Stealthhitch for cars like yours and mine that's completely hidden, except for the receiver box, and it's ClassII. We use ours with a Thule Combi 665 cargo basket, it plugs in and is the size of a Toyota Corolla trunk (and has working lights) at 13 cu. ft. We already carried all the polyester tents and gear for a large group, but now we have room for 3 nights' firewood and a 3rd person...at 50mpg in the Prius.
            “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
            ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Looks awesome, saw it on Amazon

Comment

Wow, Swebob, the Kodiak is a big investement, but with a tent like that, you really make a tent a home. So comfortable and you have such a feeling of security from the wind and weather.

What a sharp looking tent it is indeed!

Comment

IMHO. one of the best things about the Kodiak is the way it rolls up. The cinch sack is a great idea. Not tying to make sure it is rolled up tight enough and tying to fit it in a closed littler sack. The way it cinches down is awesome.
                  Nights camped in 2019: 24
                  Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Working...
                  X