New tent and REI member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tent and REI member

Well went and got a membership to REI. Guess I have tplife to blame for that..... We purchased a new tent for the boy today. I figured it was time to buy him a decent tent for him. Hopefully it will last 5 years (17 year old boy) or longer. I figured we would get him a decent one and it would last him until he was ready for something else, something bigger or lighter. It should be the last tent I buy for him. I picked out the REI Half Dome 2 Plus Tent. Out of 135 reviews, it carries a 4.5 star (out of 5). I figure it is light enough for back packing, if he so chooses, or big enough for car camping as well. Now we just have to wait for his birthday in Oct to give it to him. Plus a Teton Sports 0 degree bag for his birthday as well. He should be setup for camping without good ol' dad (or dad's equipment!!!!)

http://www.rei.com/product/794296/re...me-2-plus-tent
    Nights camped in 2019: 24
    Nights camped in 2018: 24

Re: New tent and REI member

How nice! I have a REI Half Dome 2; it was my first tent. Set up does't get much easier than that! And I love REI; I'm glad I'm a member.
    Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

Re: New tent and REI member

how long did your half dome last? Ans what does REI mean by half dome, quarter dome? Anybody?
      Nights camped in 2019: 24
      Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Working...
      X