Sleeping Cot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleeping Cot

Hello to all. I have a Big Agnes Lynx Pass 4 tent and being of an advanced age I was thinking of getting a cot to sleep on so that I was off of the ground. Does anyone have an idea of a cot that would fit in my BA and be suitable for car camping? Thanks in advance.

Re: Sleeping Cot

tplife.......waiting waiting waiting.......no?? I have an ALPS mountaining cot, works great, strong and rugged. Pretty big (I think about 84"x30"???) so I dont know if it would fit in your tent. Good sized feet to spread the pressure and not wear out the floor.
    Total night under canvas 2012: 22

Comment

I have many cots for big people and big tents but a friend of mine has a LuxuryLite Lounger cot and a Disc-O-Bed both are made for more of the backpacking style tent. For your tent with only having a 52 inch (4.333 feet) head height this might be something to look into. But I love my Cabela’s Alaskan Guide XL cot which has an 82 in. L x 32 in. W sleeping area and you set about 2 to 2 1/2 feet off the ground. This would not give you much head room in your tent.

Comment

Hi All!
        I have a XL cot question for the group. What do you put under your cot legs to distribute the weight and prevent tent floor damage?
        Thank you for your replies.
        Brad

Comment

Originally posted by matee5 View Post
          tplife.......waiting waiting waiting.......no?? I have an ALPS mountaining cot, works great, strong and rugged. Pretty big (I think about 84"x30"???) so I dont know if it would fit in your tent. Good sized feet to spread the pressure and not wear out the floor.
          That's just wrong. SD hamlin is talking about the difficulty of getting up due to becoming a "seasoned citizen". I too hope to become one eventually and currently have a USGI cot straight from the bloody sands of Iraq. When combined with one of my Marmot GoreTex sleeping bags, it will work for a lot of 3-season camping, and by then my kids will be long grown, or the grandkids will be sleeping on my ThermaRest pads. While they are a foolish choice for cold weather, cots are a great last-resort for health reasons, rather than hanging it up and leaving the campfire for good.
          Last edited by tplife; 09-12-2012, 04:50 PM.
          “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
          ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Here is our answer that works for us. I am 67 and my knees are bone on bone, so getting up and down is impossible for me. We found an "IR BED" The bed is made so it folds up in a bag that's 26" long by 12" wide by 10" high. The bed folds out in a marvel of what best can be described as a adult erector set, into a platform for a queen sized bed. there is a VERY THICK air matress that goes into a envelope ft contain this quees size air matress. It proberly sounds a little odd, but it works so WONDERFULLY TO SLEEP ON. There are several makers of this bed, Coleman, Ozark Trails and North Star. Ours is a North Star made for Ozark Trails. Typically by what we have seen they are pppriced $125. for a twin bed and $165. for the Queen. We found ours on sale for $98. We slept so comfortably, and getting up was no problem!

WalMart carries both the queen and the twin by Coleman, and so do the major sporting good stores. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
            X