Need a family tent - considering Eureka Tetragon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a family tent - considering Eureka Tetragon

I am a family of 4 with 7 and 3 year old boys, we are looking at a tent to take camping and want something to last a while.

I found this:
    http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___28228

And it looks like a good deal - any reason NOT to go with it? Main needs are durable-at least several years of use, dry being in Seattle (although most camping will be during summer) big enough for the four of us and something that will not break the bank.

Thank you!

Re: Need a family tent - considering Eureka Tetragon

eureka makes good equipment. my brother has a columbia tent that is awesome (there's 5 in his family) and protects against rain without hesitation.
    Last edited by pitmaster; 07-12-2012, 10:23 AM.

Comment

The Tetragon Series from Eureka! is a good quality low-end brand of tent (we have a Tet7 used as a guest tent). If you have the time, for the same money, consider auction purchases for 6-man tents through Ebay for brands like Sierra Designs, Big Agnes, Mountain HardWear, NorthFace, Marmot, Kelty, or other high-end brands. They can be purchased 60% off new-in-the-box if you can follow auctions and know when to hold back. But if you need a tent NOW, the Tetragon is a decent tent for the money, features considered.
      “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
      ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

I like Eureka Products. While there are better quality,more expensive, tents to choose from I wouldn't hesitate one bit, to buy the Tetragon.

Comment

It sounds like the tetragon would be an OK tent but not anyone's first choice? If i moved the budget to 250ish would that allow for a better tent? I know there are 500-600 tents out there and that would be great just way outside the budget i'm afraid. Ebay seems scary, i've only made one purchase on there, it seems like easy way to get scammed?

Any recommendations for any specific tents by chance?

Thanks again!!

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by TexasAggieInSeattle View Post
              Anyone?
              You might want to check these out www.standingroomtents.com

Comment

Working...
              X