Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emergency survival/Basic Back Pack

The following is copy and pasted from a different forum

Hey /trv/ going camping with my girlfriend. Yah just camping at a campground but Im making a back pack filled with survival essentials, for just in case emergencies which ill keep in the car. im on a budget and try to go cheap so, links to cheap stuff is appreciated.

What i have:
    waterproof matches
    Knife, just a regular lockblade
    2 ponchos
    Emergency Blanket
    3 person tent (in the van not pack)
    Queen size air mattress (in van)
    hand Pump (may borrow a battery pump, in van)
    Mosquitoe repellant coils and spray repellant
    Glow sticks
    4 plastic utensils of spoons, knifes and spoons
    Baggies

What I want:
    Folding shovel and pick
    Hatchet
    saw
    Paracord (links to cheap but good stuff would be nice)
    Multi-tool
    Flint and starter i plan on getting soon.
    MRE's. i have an army surplus in town so no problem there except theyre 8 bucks a meal
    Handcrank flashlight (anyone have opinions on handcrank cell phone chargers and long it takes?)

Anything else? I plan on also bringing granola bars and other assorted foods in the pack.

I live in Minnesota and im from texas, so im new to snow, so if i ever get a bad wreck in the winter, i wanna be ready if im in the middle of no where. thanks guys. if this belongs somewhere else lemme know.

Also im kinda drunk, so sorry for bad grammar or errors. also for the mattress I have a comforter and sheet in a duffel bag in the back seat, also 2 jackets, 1 leather 1 windbreaker. And a basket of clothes, shirts, boxers and pants, for wet moments. Also I have a cooler, a grill, charcoal and lighter fluid.
    Im also gunna borrow a propane stove, 2 stove top and 2 propane tanks, tiny coleman ones

*insert member post here with suggestions*

well the folding shovel is also why i want it, to dig out snow. but yah the air mattress was only 25 bucks on sale at dunhams sports, i hid it behind some other thing cause it was on clearance and wanted to double check with the woman before i bought it, sat in the same spot for 2 days haha. good deal id say. we carry a cell phone and ipod touch. any good apps for survival? thats why i asked about hand crank cell chargers. fix a flat is a good idea, thanks. Also note, im banned from walmart, so dont tell me to go there lol unless its that good, my gf can go in and get it.

I hate having a van but turning it into a RV is so easy. take the 2 back seats out. blow up a mattress add some mosquitoe netting to windows, BAM.

Tools Ive been meaning to get, but i dont want to get a 200 piece set for 25 bucks, ive had to change my starter and alternator in the last 3 months and its not fun with those sets.

thanks for suggestions, keep em coming
Working...
X