wet tent question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wet tent question

Just returned from a camping trip and was wondering how long can a tent stay wet in a car before you need to put it up and let it dry. I have to bring it to my Daughters to set it up as my place we only have a parking lot for a yard.

Re: wet tent question

I wouldn't let it go to long, Maybe throw it over a clothesline?
    Nights camped in 2019: 24
    Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Originally posted by jon46 View Post
      Just returned from a camping trip and was wondering how long can a tent stay wet in a car before you need to put it up and let it dry. I have to bring it to my Daughters to set it up as my place we only have a parking lot for a yard.
      I have no backyard at all and have held off on dragging wet tent to suburban sister for one week with no adverse effects.
      I do try to "slap off" water in advance and haven't had a sopping wet tent to hold for long periods. That would prolly make me arrive at sister's much faster.
      2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
      Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Originally posted by 05Kingquad700 View Post
        I wouldn't let it go to long, Maybe throw it over a clothesline?
        Good idea!
        Or shower rod if necessary....
        2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
        Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

I got my tent up this morning at my Daughters, So I only had it 24 hours in the car, I just got it up and it started raining again. Hope the sun comes out to dry it. We leave next week for our next camping trip.

Comment

Working...
          X