Guy adjusters? best? source?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guy adjusters? best? source?

I need to make some extra guys and want some good adjusters.
    I have made them in the past but some high quality production ones would be nicer since I now have a high quality tent.
    FYI: the new guys are for awnings I am adding.

I see some, looking for opinions.
    Looks like the Figure 9's are pretty popular, any opinions?

-Marty
    Last edited by lab-dad; 05-07-2012, 09:37 AM.

Re: Guy adjusters? best? source?

Well since no one replied I figure I will give my impressions on the figure 9 "set" of 4 designed for guy lines on a tent.
    First off they seem kinda small (to me) but I am into overkill.
    They take a little practice to get but after 5 minutes I figured it out - pictures on the package help.
    The lines are "supposed" to be reflective - I'll be darned if I can get them to reflect......
    The lines are only 8 foot but that should not be a problem unless your in need for something longer.
    $10 for four and the bass place.
    -Marty

Comment

Howdy lab-dad.... nice question/answer to a great topic. Did you know that there is a "sticky" thread, third or fourth down from the top of the Tent Camping Section that describes in detail how to tie those pesky guy lines? Hope that helps. Where did you find your metal guylines at?
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Mine are not metal, I did look at the figure 9's in metal - available separate w/o cord but they were twice the price.
        I figured if the ones I got were designed for guy lines i "should" be fine......
        I got mine at Bass pro.

Thanks for the heads up to the sticky, not worried about tying them was really looking for the adjusters.
        I did find one kind (aluminum) on a web search but did not order them.
        -Marty

Comment

Thanks lab-dad for the update, been thinking of going to metal myself.
          Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
          Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

I was looking for these a while ago also....but learned to tie a "taunt line hitch " knot. It works great and very easy to tie.....now all my ropes don't get so tangeled up in the bag.

Comment

Working...
            X