Name:	IMAG0609.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	72512 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0610.jpg
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	72513

Well the man-van is packed ready for the first trip with the new tent. It was a bit of a handful with a bigger tent and we are taking far too much for the two days we are going but this trip is a practice run for our long trip in June.

As you can see the boy is ready and keen. Just waiting on his two sisters to get home from school and we are off.

More pics to come once we get on site. Weather looks great and we are all excited.
    Total night under canvas 2012: 22

Re: The First Trip

Have a good trip and enjoy the new tent!
    2012 - Nights spent in the back country: 12

Comment

It's hard to not pack a lot when you have kids. I'd hate to show a pic of my trucked up to go camping.
      May you always have love to share,
      Health to spare
      And friends that care.

Comment

What are you talking about? Your van only looks about 1/2 full compared to mine! Heck, you can still see out the back window! :D Haha!

Have a great trip! My two boys and I are hoping to do the same one of these weekends soon!
        Nights camping in 2012: 2

"Doors marked pull reduce the speed of those who push before they read."
        READ THE INSTRUCTION MANUAL!

Comment

Exciting to get into the wild, especially with loved one and kids. Hope you all have a great time.
          I've no house in the city, just a camping tent in the wild.

Comment

Happy trails. I won't be camping until June due to my dear wife needing to finish her Saturday college class and our son to be just about finished with school for the semester.

Comment

Hey guys, I am back and we had a great time. Kids loved sleeping outside, I loved being away from computers, phones and TV's and the wife was very happy to be out in trees without too many bugs!!!

We went to a great City owned campground outside Williamsburg in Va (Chickahominy Riverfront Park). Sites were huge, some firepits if required, some power / water, tables, clean facilities and all sites have waterviews over the Chickahominy River. Playground for the kids, pools in the summer, golf driving range, 2 x boat ramps, fishing. Glorious for our first time out as a clan.

First night was about 42F and second 48F. Into the 70's during the day and fine with only a small breeze blowing all day. We didnt guy anything down as no need but wouldnt add a great deal of time.

Today has taken time to get computers and phones sinc'd but I have managed to get some pics downloaded.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0613.jpg
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	69495The two cots, pretty much half the tent. About 2ft at foot of bed.

Name:	IMAG0612.jpg
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	69491The other side of the room with 3 mats for the kids.

Name:	IMAG0611.jpg
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	69494The basic set-up. Easy and about 30min

Name:	P4140029.jpg
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	69493With walls attached. Kitchen inside with lots of space for all gear.

Name:	IMAG0614.jpg
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	69492Enjoying the comforts, roasting marshmallows with friends. You can see the table and coolers that we fit inside the walls. Great to keep the kids out of the main tent.

Only let me do 5 pics so will put more in another one.....

Comment

And some more for your viewing pleasure / critique!!!!

Name:	P4140027.jpg
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	69497The roll-up windows are great. Plenty of ventilation. Could guy out if raining while still allowing some ventilation if required. The connection onto the frame for the awning walls is by way of velcro around the poles so not completely insect proof but if you guy down the awning over everything they are going to find it pretty hard going getting in. You can see the floor flaps are folded out on the bottom of the walls, I think they are supposed to be folded in but as I didnt peg it wasnt really required. Floor tarp would then lay flat over the top of the flap inside so the floor would basically be waterproof.

Name:	P4140028.jpg
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	69496I loved the side door awning. Amazing ventilation, sun protection and allowed a view from bed in the morning when the sun was coming up over the water. The awning allowed us to keep the kids and therefore bugs out of the main tent during the day so our nights were blissfully bug free!!!!

OK, enough for today. As I said, we had a great time and are looking forward to the next trip. We now have 2 nights under canvas and "Happy Campers are we....."

Comment

Awesome weather here in Virginia this last weekend! There's a lot in this area for car camping! Try Newport News Park sometime!
                  2012 - Nights spent in the back country: 12

Comment

Newport NEws Park is about 5mile from my place so been there a bit. Nice for a quick getaway.

Comment

Looks like you had a successful trip. Hopefully many more to come.

Comment

Working...
                      X