Please help re: tent poles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help re: tent poles

We seem to have lost our tent poles. We only used the thing once and I'd hate to throw it away and spend money on a new one. It's an Eddie Bauer dome tent and measures 9' x 7'6". I bought some replacement poles that you have to build but have no idea what size the need to be. I'm hoping someone here might be able to help. Thank you for your time.

Re: Please help re: tent poles

Somewhere on the tent might be a tag with the name of the company that manufactured it. I would start with them.The tag usually has a model number or name on it, but even if it doesn't if you descrbe the tent to someone at the company they may be able to help you.

Comment

Considering the tent, do a quick amazon/ebay search. Consider tossing out the tent. For the cost of a new set of poles plus shipping from the manufacturer (not likely to ever be available!) you can get as good of a tent or better online. Sears jobs out their tents to many different producers, and I've never seen one of high quality. You likely had either cheap fiberglas or steel poles. I would try to replace the poles, it's the best way to go, but it sure will be a tough go!
      “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
      ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Last year we went camping and fishing up at Buck's Lake near Quincy in NorCal and forgot the whole bag of fiberglass poles at the camp site. Unfortunetly we did not notice the poles were gone until our next camping trip 2 months later.

So I plugged in dome tent replacement poles into the search engine on our computer and found plenty of companies selling after market poles. All you need is the diameter and the length, believe it or not they are fairly standard in several different lengths.

As it turned out I remembered that we ordered the tent from Cabelas some 10 years ago. As a shot in the dark I called them. They still had the tent I ordered 10 years ago on file! And knew exactly what poles I needed. $45 and 4 days later had the new poles and the carrying bag!

Hope that helps!
        I've no house in the city, just a camping tent in the wild.

Comment

Working...
        X