Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temple Bar, Lake Mead, Arizona

Howdy,

Heading East from Las Vegas on hwy 93 into Arizona for 50 miles there is a place called Temple Bar on the eastern edge of Lake Mead. From hwy 93 to Temple Bar is 25 miles of old paved road. There at Temple Bar is a no host campground with 173 sites with fireplace ring, concrete picnic tables, RV's, trailers, and tents welcomed, with flush bathrooms and showers and this weekend and into Veteran's Day we were the only people camping there. Price per night for tents is $10. It's not too far from Las Vegas but hardly anyone knows where it is. We do! There is a boat launch and marina but the crowd is mostly there in the summer. For us in the summer we head to higher elevations. The average temp this time was 70 degrees. Temple Bar is our little camping hidaway!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Glad you had a good trip! I like camping 'off season' too - I hate crowds!
    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by vegasdesertfox View Post
      ...hardly anyone knows where it is.
      That's the key, right there!

Comment

Temple Bar

Howdy Scrib,

Right you are! Hardly anyone knows! Our pizza cast-iron pan came yesterday and now I won't have to scrub the blood out of my fingers to get it other pans clean! Then its family feast day tomorrow and then Temple Bar here we come! Hope your Turkey day is good and your bride does good on her finals!
        Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
        Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Working...
        X