The Perfect Campfire Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Perfect Campfire Grill

I searched and couldnt find anything so......does anyone have any experience with these things. Are the sturdy and worthwhile. We are tent camping for a family of five so would love to be able to use our fire for all our cooking. It seems that to rotate them you need to loosen the nut each time, is this correct??

Just looking and any additional info would be good. Have at it.
    Total night under canvas 2012: 22

Re: The Perfect Campfire Grill

What specific grill are you referring to? There are a variety of styles for campfire grills -- some have four legs, some have a single pole that just holds a grill plate on it, etc. There are several different kinds here, most of which are available in similar styles/designs at most stores that stock camping supplies:

http://www.campfiregrill.com/
    Nights camping in 2012: 2

"Doors marked pull reduce the speed of those who push before they read."
    READ THE INSTRUCTION MANUAL!

Comment

mmmmm...wood grilled stake...there's nothing beter.
      2012 - Nights spent in the back country: 12

Comment

I was referring to "The Perfect Campfire Grill" It is a specific brand and model. I know I could use an old plate or any other make shift options but I like the idea of a designed piece of kit that does its job. The question really is, does it do its job as advertised or are there problems, ie does stand up properly or need another leg if you put anything with decent weight on it. Can you actually swivel it or do you need to undo the bolt to swivel which defeats the purpose......

Thanks for the input guys.

Comment

Sorry, can't help you there. Never heard of that particular product, which is really weird considering all the gear I have and how I scour the internet shopping for gear on almost a daily basis. Have to remember to look for that! Haha.
          Nights camping in 2012: 2

"Doors marked pull reduce the speed of those who push before they read."
          READ THE INSTRUCTION MANUAL!

Comment

Originally posted by busere View Post
            mmmmm...wood grilled stake...there's nothing beter.
            Don't eat your stakes! Your tent might blow away... Go to the store and get some steaks instead.
            Nights spent outdoors this year: I lost track

Comment

Even if they work as advertised.. It's a gimmick. Get a cheap grate and spend the money you saved on other necessities.
              Nights spent outdoors this year: I lost track

Comment

Look for reviews on youtube. If I have any other ideas I will post them up
                Nights camped in 2019: 24
                Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

I say give it a whirl.
                  Nights spent outside in 2012: 4

Life is a verb.

Comment

internetpilot posted the link for the perfect campfire grill in his/her post above. It looks ok but I agree with shadow, even if it works it's gimmicky and you can do the same job of cooking over an open fire with a simple charcoal grill grate.

Comment

Yep, plus I wouldn't trust it having only one support point. Load that baby up with a bunch of hefty steaks, corn ears, etc. and I would expect some sag on the off side. A sturdy but inexpensive grill across logs or stones is the way to go, but if you really want to get fancy get support on both sides.
                      Maybe look for something like this:
                      http://www.hiking-camping-world.com/...itandgrill.png

Comment

Thanks for the input people. Obviously no one out there has bought one (no comments) so everyone seems to think gimmicky. I agree with the whole grill and stones is cheaper and will do the trick but means that I need to find stones everywhere I go, have a fixed height and cant swivel. I priced the large webber grill (21" dia) at $20 so given you still need to find support and a bag etc this was looking half way decent. hmmmm will chew it over for a couple more days. Thanks again.

Comment

We bought a cheap one at bass pro that works great and folds-up.
                          2012 - Nights spent in the back country: 12

Comment

Busere, did you get the one that has flat rectangular plate with 2 x squares of metal for legs that fold under the plate. How has it been. My only concern with that was height, do you need to wait for ages to let your fire die down or do you risk burning??? I like you (from your pic) have spent many years in the military and have eaten from all sorts of stoves using all manner of homemade cooking systems (including a piece of zinc fencing!!!! maybe that is why I twitch a lot!!!!), just looking for a better option for me, the wifey and the kids. I'm in Newport News. Let me know if you are in need of anything over this side of the water.

Comment

Heck, if you are car camping then use the thing if thats what you want.
                              Nights spent outside in 2012: 4

Life is a verb.

Comment

Working...
                              X