Backyard Campout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backyard Campout

First, I would like how happy I am to have found this forum and thank you to all the people and the informative posts/information I have read over the past month.
    So, with that being said, many posts and books say that the first campout should be either in your backyard or close to home. So I have already started planning our first backyard campout the Monday after Easter!!!
    So I do what I always do....research. And what I have found was The Great American Backyard Campout!! Which, of course, I have signed up and will be joining many families on June 23 camping in our backyard. But not alone, with 2 other families!!
    I know alot of families read the posts on this forum and I think that everyone should be a part of this "nationwide" campout!!
    Have fun and for all you folks like me in the tri-state area.....spring is right around the corner!!

Re: Backyard Campout

Good for you! I think you'll have a lot of fun.

Last year, I volunteered at 2 different Backyard Campouts at state parks here (some of our parks did them on different nights). It was a lot of fun for the families. My role was to help people set up their tents; I learned a lot ...
    Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

Hey! That's my birthday! It's awesome to know that so many people will be doing my favorite past-time on my birthday this year!
      Nights camping in 2012: 2

"Doors marked pull reduce the speed of those who push before they read."
      READ THE INSTRUCTION MANUAL!

Comment

That sounds like an awesome idea! I'm all for it!
        2012 - Nights spent in the back country: 12

Comment

bacxk yard camping is good way to get a feel for your new equipment. its also a good way to help kids get used to sleeping in a tent as well.

Comment

I feel the forum is very clean and there are quick response here so I joined days ago.Sharing camping stories and tips provide us great happiness.
            Good luck with u and wish u have fun here.
            I've no house in the city, just a camping tent in the wild.

Comment

Originally posted by Internetpilot View Post
              Hey! That's my birthday! It's awesome to know that so many people will be doing my favorite past-time on my birthday this year!
              That's my birthday too. It's too damned hot to camp here in late June, though.

Comment

Originally posted by flatstick96 View Post
                That's my birthday too. It's too damned hot to camp here in late June, though.
                It's never too hot to camp.

Comment

I won't be camping in the back yard that particular weekend, but we'll backyard camp with baby sometime this summer!

Comment

Originally posted by Hikenhunter View Post
                    It's never too hot to camp.
                    Not if you live in PA.

I wish I still lived in the northeast, I'd camp a lot more often.

Going to take the girls on their first camping trip over Easter weekend. We test-pitched the new tent in the backyard last night, and slept in it (as we will again tonight). Started a fire in the pit on the back deck and roasted hot dogs, corn on the cob, and made smores. The girls are just over the moon. When the 5-year-old woke up this morning, she said "daddy, that was the best night ever!"

Comment

When the 5-year-old woke up this morning, she said "daddy, that was the best night ever!"

I love it when they say things like that. The memories are where its at.
                      Nights spent outside in 2012: 4

Life is a verb.

Comment

http://www.nwf.org/Get-Outside/Great...d-Campout.aspx
                        Nights spent outdoors this year: I lost track

Comment

Originally posted by flatstick96 View Post
                          Not if you live in PA.

I wish I still lived in the northeast, I'd camp a lot more often.

Going to take the girls on their first camping trip over Easter weekend. We test-pitched the new tent in the backyard last night, and slept in it (as we will again tonight). Started a fire in the pit on the back deck and roasted hot dogs, corn on the cob, and made smores. The girls are just over the moon. When the 5-year-old woke up this morning, she said "daddy, that was the best night ever!"
                          I do live in Pa. I live between Allentown and Reading. What area are you from? I know what you mean about the heat but I just move slower and get in the water as much as I can when the heat is on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hikenhunter View Post
                            I do live in Pa. I live between Allentown and Reading. What area are you from? I know what you mean about the heat but I just move slower and get in the water as much as I can when the heat is on.
                            I'm from upstate NY originally (Ithaca) and I also lived in PA for two years (State College). Now I'm in central Texas (Austin area), and from Mid-June through about Mid-November it's pretty uncomfortable. Last summer we saw all-time records for most 100+ degree days in a year, and most consecutive 100+ degree days. And it basically didn't rain at all. And it seemed like every time you turned around a different part of the state was, literally, ON FIRE. It was miserable.

Comment

Working...
                            X