Camping in comfort with a FUTON

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camping in comfort with a FUTON

Well, my futon just arrived. It's called a Shiatsu Massage Mat and can be found here: http://www.thefutonshop.com/Shiatsu-...avy/p/680/2810

It was a little pricey at $135, but it is easily the most comfortable mat I've ever slept on. It rolls up with attached straps and a washable cover.

After my Cabela's pad failed on me, and I spent the night sleeping on rocks, I will never sleep on any kind of air pad again. This thing feels like a bed. Now, I can sleep under the stars in total comfort.

Re: Camping in comfort with a FUTON

Wow, pricey indeed, but what price comfort? I could easily spend around that much on a top-line Thermarest or Megamat, and while it will likely outlast the futon, again, I ask, what price comfort?
    “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
    ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Originally posted by gear_junkie View Post
      Well, my futon just arrived. It's called a Shiatsu Massage Mat and can be found here: http://www.thefutonshop.com/Shiatsu-...avy/p/680/2810

It was a little pricey at $135, but it is easily the most comfortable mat I've ever slept on. It rolls up with attached straps and a washable cover.

After my Cabela's pad failed on me, and I spent the night sleeping on rocks, I will never sleep on any kind of air pad again. This thing feels like a bed. Now, I can sleep under the stars in total comfort.
      I am glad you found a solution that works for you!

Comment

My friend is an LMT and has one of those mats. Wicked comfy!

Comment

This thread gave me a great idea (I think). I was thinking about making my own shell for my truck and building up a retractable bed in there. I just remembered I have a very nice futon already... I checked it out and it might work very well.. It's thick and comfy (although very heavy) and folds in 3 pieces. I can set it in the truck like a couch, and at night, pull out the bed platform and spread out the futon!

Comment

Originally posted by gear_junkie View Post

Have you tried it out camping yet? Did it get wet underneath the pressure points - such as hips?

I hate my inflatable ThermaRest, and bought a closed cell pad for my recent trip. I hated that one too. I'm thinking of your futon idea; or buying a cot (but I like sleeping on the ground).
            Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

I think that was not a big price for that shiatsu massage mat, it will be the good decision to choose that one.

Comment

Working...
              X