My first "real" camping trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My first "real" camping trip

Please don't give my misadventure a second thought. I appreciate your response such a difficult time. I look forward to learning more about these things from you and others when the time is right. I am sorry to hear about your time of grief. Please accept my condolences.

Comment

Thanks for the trip report; well done! Congratulations on finally achieving your big American Road/Camping trip - so exciting! So what do you have in mind for your next adventure?
      Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

I'd love to do another trip and camp in the North Western States. The Pacific coast is very appealing as well.... The challenges for me are finding the time. My wife does not like me to be away too long and unfortunately she does not have as much time as it takes for these types of trips... Also, I need to be careful with $$. Having time means that I don't have the income from the job.
        Anyway, I think I would like to try some backpacking next. Maybe a short overnight hike & camp first. There are lots of areas in the Chattahoochee National Forest which is fairly nearby. But I would not like to do this alone. I'll see if I can find a hiking/camping buddy to try it first. Anyway, I really enjoyed my trip and only wish I could have stayed longer at the places where I camped....

Comment

Awesome posts. Looks like you are really getting into camping. It reminds me of a cross country camping trip I took with a few friends two years ago. While in the West try to get up to Southern Utah and visit Zion National Park. You won't regret it. It's like visiting another planet.

Comment

Originally posted by GlitterHiker View Post
            Thanks for the trip report; well done! Congratulations on finally achieving your big American Road/Camping trip - so exciting! So what do you have in mind for your next adventure?
            Funny you should ask... I am planning to drive an old Miata from Tacoma WA to Atlanta and camp along the way. I'm planning to do it soon and posted questions about it here: http://www.campingforums.com/forum/s...tlanta-via-L.A.

I'd appreciate some input.....

Comment

Awesome trip report, and I really enjoyed the pics!
              Nights spent outside in 2012: 4

Life is a verb.

Comment

Originally posted by immortal_ben View Post
                Awesome trip report, and I really enjoyed the pics!
                Well, I'll be doing another trip soon. BTW, I'll probably drive through Scottsdale AZ.... Maybe we can meet and have a cup of coffee..

Comment

Sure. I am more than happy to try and answer any questions you may have. I also camped at Arches which is less than an hour away from Zion if I remember correctly. Just let me know.

Comment

Working...
                  X