Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eureka Storm Shield 10 x 10

Howdy,

This tent is perfect for us! It's an Eureka Storm Shield 3 season tent. The floor size is 10x10 which yields 100 square feet. Center Height is 7' and the pack size is 8.5" x 27". The manufacturer states that it will sleep five, but there are only two of us. Our children are grown and none of them has yet been camping with us, although the invivtation is an open door. The fabric for the floor, walls and storm shield fly are all 75D 190T polyester taffeta, 1200mm coated. We also purchased their floor saver which is a large gray ground tarp of the same material. The tent cost us about $150 and we have used it so much in the last two years it's been well worth the expense. In the tent goes our Coleman queen-size sleeping bag rated to 10 degree fahrenhiet, along with our queen-size 17" off the ground air-mattress, two small plastic folding nightstands, two small folding camping chairs, our backpacks(kelty) and our game bag(chess, checkers, dominoes, cards, a portable weather radio and portable CD player. I can set the tent up with just six poles in 15 minutes and if my wife helps we have it done and up in under ten minutes.
    http://www.eurekatent.com
    Attached Files
    Last edited by renodesertfox; 10-21-2008, 10:01 AM. Reason: I want to subscribe to this thread?
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Nice! Have you had it out in the rain yet?

Comment

Eureka 10 x 10

Howdy Scrib,

You bet! Two weeks ago at the lower campground at Echo Bay there were 50 mph wind gusts and the rain came down in buckets and this baby didn't even move. The poles only six of them are quite heavy and she stood up and I think the rain took notice! Excellent tent! It only rained here for 15 minutes and in that time the weather service said Echo Bay only received a 1/10 on an inch. Go figure, The American Southwest only receives about 4" of rain in a good year but if this tent had been set up in Minnesota where they can get 4" in an hour I think she would still survive. We like it very much!

Comment

I've been through a gusher in LV - in fact, a few years ago I remember someone getting electrocuted on the Strip the day after I left, when a line came down in some standing water. 50mph winds! What kind of stakes are you using?

Comment

Only Steel Metal Stakes from Wal-Mart

Howdy Scrib,

Once again, thanks for posting and asking. We only use solid steel stakes(say that five times as fast as you can)! They are over 9" long and I also carry a one pound hammer and a three pounder if I hit granite or something like asphalt or concrete. Too many windy campouts, plastic doesn't last and bends under pressure. I purchase them from Wal-Mart, 6 stakes for under $5, can't beat that with a stick or a hammer and they last. Even when I backpack, I will take these along. I'm use to carrying a good load of camera equipement so the weight isn't a problem, I just stop and rest more often! Once again, the desert southwest winds can't be a killer and you know I remember hearing in the news about that guy that got the shock of his life. All he felt was surprise! Here's a photo:

Comment

Working...
          X