• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tents: What to Look For, Suggestions

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3721 (Small).JPG
Views:	1
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	69448I discovered a new hanging tent that hangs from a 10x10 canopy/gazebo is now available! This "new" tent has a full fabric top. Also, it has two doors front and back allowing easy enter and exit enabling you two "stack" two or more tents together for multi-rooms (great for family camping). It has 4 pouches on the inside for storage and ties on the inside & out for hanging towels, clothes etc and a number of places for wind ties. I took this tent to Big Sur over the 2012 New Year' weekend and set it up for the first time in less than 10 minutes - seriously - the other guys there had never seen anything like it and immediately they all wanted one too! I am sure I can do it faster next time because I know exactly what to do. We nicknamed it the "Taj Mahal" because it was so big - and it really is! It will change the way you camp. It is also a great beginners tent. No stress! I am 6'2" and I could not reach the ceiling! How many other camping tents can you say that about? It is a light material type tent, designed for warmer weather, but the temperature dropped down to 40 degrees two of the three nights and I slept in it on a queen size air mattress with a Mr. Heater propane heater - I NEVER got cold - it was fine (almost hot with the heater on) in this tent every night - it was also pretty windy (20 mph gusts) two of the days, and I NEVER had a problem because we staked it to the ground according to the instructions. I have hunted and camped for 30 years and I have not been as proud of a purchase such as this in a long time. I have told all of my friends about this tent and they are getting one for themselves as we speak! I found mine on Amazon : http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006FMAO08amazon.com or by going to google & typing in standing room 100 in the search bar Happy Camping!

Comment

I've been loyal to the Kelty brand name. I haven't had anything negative to say about their tents or back packs. I've been camping in differant regions of the US and in all four seasons and my Kelty tents take whatever I put them thru.

Comment

We just picked up the REI Passage 2. It's a two man tent that me and the wife will use for our AT hike. It has the vestibule and full (to the ground) rain fly. Anyone else have experiences with the REI tents?

Comment

Anyone have any experience with The Big Agnes Lynx Pass series specifically the 4 man version?

Comment

Working...
          X