This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tent ground cloth

anyone have any ideas for a ground cloth that wont break the bank.ive got a 10x13 hexagonal shaped tent.i woods camp and can never seem to clear all the twigs and rocks.used a poly tarp,but its not much protection.looked at some nice vinyl coated tarps,but didnt want to spend that much unless i have to.any ideas?thanks

Re: tent ground cloth

Did ya know that twigs and rocks move upwards when a ground cloth is placed over the spot where you decide the tent should be! HaHa! We use really in-expensive plastic sheeting. For a 10x13 hexagonal tent take a pair of scissors and cut it to fit, a little less than the required dimensions and should be fine! Plastic tarps are cheap unless you're buying them from Omar the Tent Maker! You don't need a vinyl coated tarp unless you want to! That's going over-board!

Once I've cleared the spot where the tent will go, I pull out the handy pruning scissors from the tool box and cut away, on my hands and knees, if I have to. I want the smoothest surface possible. It may take a extra 5 minutes, but I ain't complaining, it's the campin experience I'm enjoying! Just remember plants and rocks move upwards when they come into contact with plastic sheeting! The vinyl, ground cloths go over the tent like a second skin! Happy Camping!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Working...
    X