Who's TENT CAMPING: April 2011?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's TENT CAMPING: April 2011?

Holy Moly....March, as always, came in like a lion, and this last week seems it's going out like a lamb, time for camping! Spring is in the air and many will celebrate "Spring Break,"
    hopin for the Easter Bunny and all things warm!:cool:

Howdy Campateers...if you are planning a tent camping trip during the month of April 2011 and would like to share your plans and excitement here is the monthly thread to spread your news! :D
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Re: Who's TENT CAMPING: April 2011?

April 2-3 for me. A buddy will be dragging his little 13' Scamp TT out to his hunting lease, and I will be using my Eureka 2XT tent. Gonna just be an 'over-nighter'. :cool:
    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

I can't believe I've car/tent camped for three consecutive weekends (just got back from the latest: Little Bennett Regional Park)!; and i have NOTHING planned for April yet. Many of the local state park campgrounds open this month so I want to explore new places. Thinking of the Catoctin mountain area.
      Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

Well, my buddy sold his little Scamper, finally! So our camping outing will be by motorcycle. He's an old hand at truck camping, but not by bike. So I will be able to teach a thing or three! :cool:
        Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Big Dog.....Glad to see that you're going back to campin the way you like too best!
          Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
          Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

As long as the weather looks somewhat decent I plan to go camping Easter weekend. I have to work nights Tuesday-Thursday night, so hopefully I can take a short nap Friday morning and get out in the early afternoon with plenty of time to try my luck for fish for supper.

I'll probably be going to Glacial Lakes State Park, but if the weather looks really good I might try the longer trek up to Crow Wing State Park.

Comment

It's almost time for our 3rd annual daddy/daughter camping trip. Looking to make it April 22-23. My daughter will be 7 by then and she absolutely loves camping. Weather can be dicey that time of year here in Northern Illinois so this might have to wait until May but we are both hoping for April.

Comment

Me! Mark me down for some time soon, within a couple weeks as soon as the weather breaks and we can get out and not swamped!

Comment

I'll be with the cub scouts (& my youngest son) this weekend tent camping at Morrow Mountain state park in NC, then with the boy scouts (and my oldest son) bicycle camping on the New River trail in Virginia.

Comment

We're hoping to camp out in the backyard sometime in late April, but since we just got a foot of snow today, it might not happen!

Comment

I'm heading out today. Since I started tent camping last fall, I've had clear weather. Today may be the first day I'll camp in the rain. I'm looking forward to the adventure !!!

Comment

We're going to Fallen Leaf Lake on the 22nd for the weekend! First camp of the year, YaY!!!

(<Fallen Leaf pictured in my avatar)
                        My Other Interest

Comment

@SilverMaggie - that place looks beautiful!

Comment

April 29,30 and May 1st for us. For the first trip of the year, we'll probably stick to the low country and someplace fairly close. Once the snow recedes some, the lakes open and the trout fishing turns on, then we'll be bound for the high country. Should be about July this year,lol.

Comment

Originally posted by GlitterHiker View Post
                              @SilverMaggie - that place looks beautiful!

It is, but we can't camp there the weekend we want, all booked up =(

I'm blindly searching for a beautiful spot to camp the last weekend of April. I don't know this area, so I don't know where to start.
                              My Other Interest

Comment

Working...
                              X