Heaters and tents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what I use

I bet you could run the blankets on the deep cycle car battery. Kinda heavy, but it should run them for a 4-5 day trip.
    JohnJohn
    ---------
    Forum Admin

Comment

Originally posted by JohnJohn View Post
      I bet you could run the blankets on the deep cycle car battery. Kinda heavy, but it should run them for a 4-5 day trip.
      At a typical 2.5A draw of an electric blanket, you'll get only 3 X 8-hour uses before the battery will be exhausted. Putting your money into goose down sleeping bags might be more cost-effective and you'd have all that power for other uses.
      “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
      ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

I love this forum! Know body is afraid to ask the more common camping questions that often comes to mind. My wife and I delt with sleeping in the cold a couple of ways. First, ditched our singles bags (sold them on craigs list) and purchased a http://www.bigagnes.com/Products/Detail/Bag/KingSolomon we outfitted our sleeping bag with good inflatable insulated air mattress like http://www.bigagnes.com/Products/Det...sulatedAirCore This alone allowed us to share our body heat and other things much easer ; ) We were comfortable down to 5-10 degrees easily. Second we outfitted our Jeep with an Intelligent Dual Battery System. This allowed for several things, we now had a power source for our engle fridge and accessories. Also, we were able to use a 12 volt blanket and we didn't have to worry about a dead battery the next morning or the potential co poisoning even though its rare. I tried the Buddy heating system for awhile but you need to vent well for condensation. One last thing to do is the old tried and true method of slipping in a couple of hot watter bottles into your bag.

Just my experience.
        http://www.overlandadventureoutfitters.com

Comment

Re: Heaters and tents

That's great. I am very much pleased to see your post here. Heater with tents are such an amazing thing. All seasons bring their own charm, but our favorite is winter. During the late night gossip, bonfires, roasted candies and sweet hot chocolate created countless memories. But the activities we enjoy the most are hiking and camping.

The tranquility of communicating with nature is indescribable, but sometimes the temperatures drop too low for us to walk comfortably, and in these times we recommend really good battery tent heaters for all of us to enjoy the things we love during the season. , which we love. Although it feels comfortable and cozy.

Here you can review the best battery powered tent heater.

It is very portable but strong enough to provide you with the warmth and comfort you need in the cold months.

Comment

Re: Heaters and tents

...wow! a zombie thread; still alive (at least undead) and still walking...
            I'm pretty much a fan of tent heaters here is my latest:

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0320.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	71258

Thermostatically controlled, unvented, 10-11,000 BTU.

...Not sure when I will get to try it as I;m now pretty much a fair weather camper.. however it can snow at altitude even in the summer, so there is hope.

Enjoy!
            2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
            For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
            Ground tents work best for me, so far.
            Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

Working...
            X