X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new here, debating on two tents

my first choice, http://www.trailtents.com/site/1412894/product/2601200
    my second choice http://www.campsaver.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=tth0009

never heard of the second brand but im sure some of you may have, any thoughts on the two? Im looking for a good tent for my wife and i plus our two kids 3 and 1 year olds figured we could squeeze um into a 3 person tent :P

i live in washington state so its pretty rainy out here and every tent i seem to buy leaks on me haha

well any other suggestions or tent choices please let me know, oh and i did search and found topic after topic on tents and whatnot just figured id get yalls impute on these ones.

Thanks in advance,

Don

actually i really want this one http://www.sunnysports.com/prod/ERKT...=17-60418138-2

the copper canyon, but im not to sure by its looks about its rain protection :P all the reviews ive read people generally says its pretty good in the rain but it just does not look like it would be lol anyone own one?

Comment

Originally posted by donal.brown.jr View Post
      actually i really want this one http://www.sunnysports.com/prod/ERKT...=17-60418138-2

the copper canyon, but im not to sure by its looks about its rain protection :P all the reviews ive read people generally says its pretty good in the rain but it just does not look like it would be lol anyone own one?
      Howdy donal...yep! I own one...don't use it any-longer since we love the Kodiak but the Copper Canyon is a fairly well constructed tent! Big windows, good air flow and the rain fly well made. It doesn't cover the entire tent but is well put together! Only takes me 25 minutes to pitch it, it withstands winds and storms, no problem! If we hadn't started using our Kodiak Canvas Wall Tent Cabin I'd still be using Eureka. It doesn't have a vestibule and I've never seen an attachment that could work, so I just pitched and strapped a tarp to the front and was pleased as punch with my handiwork. Good luck, and welcome to one of the most active tent camping forums on the planet...by cracky! Thanks fer takin your time to sign on! Plenty other good folks here to always chip in too!
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

yeah ive read all your post about your copper canyon so far it seems like a safe bet for rain thats the only thing im worried about,

well until i move to upstate ny in december lol you said it help up to 4inches of snow im gunna try it out in a lil more lol!

Comment

The Eureka! is an updated version of the Tetragon7 with a full length fly and different window designs. The other tent is unknown and the fiberglas poles are suspicious. Unless you're leaving this weekend I'd head over to Ebay and start saving searches for Eureka!, Sierra Designs, NorthFace, REI, Big Agnes and marmot. You're about to drop $200 for a 3-man tent and could do a lot better new-in-the-box at their auctions than through these vendors.
          “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
          ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

I would suggest the Eureka as well. From my experience the one piece tents have inside humidity problelms. Especially with max occupency. When you breathe you add a lot of moisture to the air in a closed tent. With a rain fly you can open all the windows and let the moisture gather and run down the rain fly. In a one piece tent, though ventalated, they rarely have enough air flow to get rid of the humidity from your respirations. Add to that rainy or humid weather and you could wind up with damp bags and clothes when you least need it.
            I also carry a tarp with me when I use a tent to set up over it. Not only does this add extra weather protection (you'd be surprised how much cooler a tarp will make a tent for an afternoon nap), but it also gives you a seating/cooking area that is protected from the sun and rain. With two small children along, it will go a long way toward their enjoyment and your sanity on a rainy afternoon.

Comment

Working...
            X