New Arrival: Coleman Blue Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Arrival: Coleman Blue Springs

Well, I have a new tent! A Coleman Blue Springs 8 person tent. I guess my wife was not liking the Hillary canvas smell. Too wet to put it up today, but it looks like a great tent. We have 5 kids and will probably graduate to a trailer one of these days.

Price 79.99 at Bass Pro Camping Sale this week only
    Size 17'x10'

Perfect for the ages of my kids now: 19m 4,9,11,13.

Congrats! I use to have a Coleman Red Canyon that was the same size as your new tent. Lots of people told me that Coleman tents were junk but after 7 years of over 40+ camping trips, I finally retired her. After all those trips I only had 2 times that I had any leaks.

She would move around a bit in high winds but never collapsed nor had any issues what so ever. One of my all time favorite tents. Based on my experience, Coleman makes a good family tent that is sturdy and dependable. Just make sure and seam seal the seams and you should be golden. Congrats and that tent will supply many memories for your family.

Comment

I have 2 Coleman Red Canyon tents. One is 8 years old and the floor began to deteriate so I bought another off ebay. Like Smoke Mtn I have had good luck with mine. I also have several other Coleman tents that serve me well. Make sure to seal seems well and you should be OK.
      Last edited by frank6160; 07-16-2010, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Hi, any updates on your experience with the Coleman Blue Springs? Any problems with it? I would like to stop by the store to get one on our way to the campsite. But I have concerns with it not being a good choice. I heard it is specially made for a one time sale exclusively at BassPro. There are no information or much reviews on this model. I appreciate any information or comments that I can get here. On the other hand, I have my eyes on the Coleman Red Canyon(though it is an older model that's no longer in production) after reading its product descriptions and handful of good reviews. I'll just have to go through online order if the Blue Springs is not good. For now, I am split on these two choices.

TIA for your input.

Comment

Well I Just bought a Coleman Max 8 and only used it 1 time so far I have to say I love it! I see Coleman Tents gets ripped up pretty bad on here. But the reviews on mine were 4.8 out of 5. Now you have to understand if I see any more Rain in the forecast than a passing shower This cat will not be going Camping. I have to work in the rain sometimes for 10-12 hours a day. So Camping in it is not a good time to me! They only complaint I have aout mine is the tent stakes are very cheesey but have worked so far. Comfort is #1 to me and the 9x13 footprint is plenty big for my Double high Coleman queen airmattres and My sons Double high twin. I bought a 3 AAA led lantern off of ebay and hang it in the tent and can still walk under it without hitting my head (And I'm 6'2")

Comment

Originally posted by alphaforcex View Post
            Hi, any updates on your experience with the Coleman Blue Springs? Any problems with it? I would like to stop by the store to get one on our way to the campsite. But I have concerns with it not being a good choice. I heard it is specially made for a one time sale exclusively at BassPro. There are no information or much reviews on this model. I appreciate any information or comments that I can get here. On the other hand, I have my eyes on the Coleman Red Canyon(though it is an older model that's no longer in production) after reading its product descriptions and handful of good reviews. I'll just have to go through online order if the Blue Springs is not good. For now, I am split on these two choices.

TIA for your input.
            Yes, this is a custom-made order for BassPro. Otherwise specs would be available all over the place. Hopefully their customer service is top-notch as you can imagine what a 17 X 10' tent at this price point will mean as far as integrity (very weak, avoid wind and rain) and features (1970s' patents). But if you you haven't tried tents in this category yet, you haven't been camping! :D
            “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
            ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Originally posted by tplife View Post
              Yes, this is a custom-made order for BassPro. Otherwise specs would be available all over the place. Hopefully their customer service is top-notch as you can imagine what a 17 X 10' tent at this price point will mean as far as integrity (very weak, avoid wind and rain) and features (1970s' patents). But if you you haven't tried tents in this category yet, you haven't been camping! :D

I know I can't ask for too much on $100 17 X 10' tent that sleeps 8. But knowing that there are quite a a lot of people satisfied with the Coleman Red Canyon, I was just hoping the same with the Blue Springs. I guess I needed more assurance on it.

Yes, this would be my(and our family's) first tent purchase and first camping trip with my husband, and 5 children(8, 6, 4, 2, and 2.) We're a newbie going with two families. Gratefully, a husband of one family is experienced. We'll sure need his guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by 17nut View Post
                Well I Just bought a Coleman Max 8 and only used it 1 time so far I have to say I love it! I see Coleman Tents gets ripped up pretty bad on here. But the reviews on mine were 4.8 out of 5. Now you have to understand if I see any more Rain in the forecast than a passing shower This cat will not be going Camping. I have to work in the rain sometimes for 10-12 hours a day. So Camping in it is not a good time to me! They only complaint I have aout mine is the tent stakes are very cheesey but have worked so far. Comfort is #1 to me and the 9x13 footprint is plenty big for my Double high Coleman queen airmattres and My sons Double high twin. I bought a 3 AAA led lantern off of ebay and hang it in the tent and can still walk under it without hitting my head (And I'm 6'2")
                Thank you for sharing. My friend actually just bought the Coleman Max too. She also liked it. She said her family of four can sleep comfortably and still have some room left to store their belongings. However, she doubt so for eight. So for us, a family of seven(my husband, five children and I) would probably be sleeping side by side all packed up like sardines with not much room for the kids to do somersaults and/or to put our things.

Comment

Originally posted by tplife View Post

My Coleman Red Canyon 17X10 has held up well to many southeastern thunderstorms! Sure it moves around but with winds at 25 to 45 MPH what tent won't?
                  Last edited by frank6160; 07-16-2010, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Re: New Arrival: Coleman Blue Springs

Are those extra fabric pieces with the tent room dividers? Is there a manual for this tent?

Comment

Wow, got this in my email and can't believe someone brought up a 4 year old post!! Yes, they are space dividers. I have no idea why you need them. Have used the tent about 40 times, and it is showing its age. Still no leaks and only one rip from my son dropping a cast iron planter hook on it. I have used it alone, but it is a little much for one person. It was sold at Bass Pro under the blue springs line, but Coleman sold an exact copy under their line.

Definitely not a cold weather tent as the inside top is all netting
                      You MUST put on the rain fly or you are open to the sky.
                      Poles are now showing age
                      My family of 7 fit inside on air mattresses
                      Durable worth the money. Two person set up is easiest, but you can do it yourself.

Comment

thanks for the reply! my grandpa in law bought about 40 of these back in the day and gifts them out as his grand kids get married, so mine is pretty new out of the box!

Comment

Working...
                        X