Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelty Getaway 6

Hey!

I was an avid camper when I was in my 20's, then I got a job and started a family. Now that my kids are old enough to start camping, I decided to take a weekend trip with the whole family. On a random trip to Target, I noticed three whole sections of Kelty camping gear. I was amazed to see Kelty products at Target. I've always thought the best gear you would find at Target would be Coleman or Eddie Bauer.

I bought a Getaway 6 - The tent was amazing! It rained the whole weekend and I figured my kids would be miserable. The tent didn't flinch in the driving rain, the whole family was able to fit comfortably in the tent and play cards. It was simple to set up and a great price.

Has anyone else used the Kelty products from Target? They appear to be Kelty quality products at great Target prices. I'm heading back this week to buy a kids sleeping bag for my oldest son.[/font]

Just thought I would share my surprising find and my great experience.

Kelty at Target

I just saw them today at Target today too. I don't have any experience with Kelty though I'm in the market for a new tent, but was looking at the Eureka Tetragon 8 on Amazon. Not sure which way to go yet
    Needs for Facebook Fans. My mom doesn't really count. http://bit.ly/d7QHYI

Comment

Glad you had a good experience and are getting back into camping.

Comment

Yep, a belated welcome! It's a forum so when you feel like a frog jump on in anytime! Glad you're here!
        Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
        Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Kelty Trail Dome

I just ordered a Kelty Trail Dome 4 off Amazon.. I had my heart set on the Eureka Tetragon 8 for a long time but ended up going this way. I hope I made the right decision. We shall see
          Needs for Facebook Fans. My mom doesn't really count. http://bit.ly/d7QHYI

Comment

I think you made a good choice, I would have chosen the Kelty over the Tetragon for the aluminum main poles and color alone. A nice 2-man tent with bathtub floor.
            “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
            ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Working...
            X